All about Venice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there a thread on here giving all the specs on Venice?
(since we're still waiting for the conchdivers database...lol)

I did a search but practically every thread in this forum mentions Venice (and 6 other site names).. not too helpful...too much to sift through.

*what's the best time of year
*where to park
*temp/viz/depth
etc, etc.

Is getting bad visibility there something that can be timed/avoided? Or is it always a toss of the dice?

Thanks

PM Walter, CBulla, and ReefGuy. They dive over there all the time and are a wealth of information. Better yet, try to get together with them on a dive some time. (I'm still trying to get over there - my timing sucks!)

Good luck,
Grier

cra2:
Is getting bad visibility there something that can be timed/avoided? Or is it always a toss of the dice?

Days of onshore winds = bad, vis is gone to hades in a hand basket
A few days after storms = good, vis might be rough, but its churned up the bottom
Two weeks of quiet weather and light winds either direction = ok.. lots of divers hit the place by this time and the likelyhood of finding good stuff is lower.

Temps range from upper 40's during an especially cold winter to mid 90's at the end of the summer. Temps typically only drop to the upper 50's during most winters. Last time I was there (end of June) temp was 91° F.

Trip this weekend if you want to go, there is usually at least one per month it seems involving someone or other.

Heard recently about a whole bunch of extra sand dumped down there meaning you have to dig through it to get to the teeth - which i would find incredibly helpful! Also there have been a lot of trips lately and others have headed further south - i missed out on those trips due to ill health and other trips already planned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom