All about cylinder inspections & training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichLockyer:
Oops... different message board. Check the DIY section on http://thescubastop.com/
DFRED = Dalton Flash Rust Elimination Device
Yet another in a series of affordable pieces of Scuba Equipment from Dalton Enterprises :)
Ahh, another Dalton special! I made Dave's "moisture extraction device", ( is that a DMED then ? ) and gotta say it works even better than advertized. I bet the DFRED is just as good a design ;-)

I don't know how well it compares to the PSI training but I have to admit I feel very competent and capable. I have the procedures for PSI and they seem identical to TDI's as well. Maybe I should say that TDI's seems strangely similar to PSI's. I was just wondering about where I can get some tools at an affordable price. Do you know of anywhere? In my manual it mentions that once a tank has been tumbled it should be sent off to get hydroed to see if the alloy handled the tumbling. Does PSI's manual state the same thing?

Dive4Life:
I don't know how well it compares to the PSI training but I have to admit I feel very competent and capable. I have the procedures for PSI and they seem identical to TDI's as well. Maybe I should say that TDI's seems strangely similar to PSI's. I was just wondering about where I can get some tools at an affordable price. Do you know of anywhere? In my manual it mentions that once a tank has been tumbled it should be sent off to get hydroed to see if the alloy handled the tumbling. Does PSI's manual state the same thing?
You could contact PSI via their website and ask if you can buy tools from them. I doubt they would sell you EOI stickers since it requires a PSI cert # to purchase them.
As for the hydro after tumbling; they say that its not necessary to hydro just because the tank was tumbled.

If you saw something of concern after the tumbling, then it might be a good idea to have the tank hydro'd. If a tank is tumbled to remove light rust and resulted in a clean tank with no concerns noted, then it would seem to be a little overkill to require a hydro.

jbd:
You could contact PSI via their website and ask if you can buy tools from them. I doubt they would sell you EOI stickers since it requires a PSI cert # to purchase them.
As for the hydro after tumbling; they say that its not necessary to hydro just because the tank was tumbled.

If you saw something of concern after the tumbling, then it might be a good idea to have the tank hydro'd. If a tank is tumbled to remove light rust and resulted in a clean tank with no concerns noted, then it would seem to be a little overkill to require a hydro.

Thanks for the reply jbd. I just purchased some tools off of PSI's website and have gotten a light from Home depot.

Back
Top Bottom