Alexander Springs Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFDiver85 once bubbled...
I thought gators didn't hang out in springs? Too cold?

The gators hide in the weeds near the shore, across from the spring. They are small. For the most part.

Were you in the UCF dive club (AquaKnights)?

FLArmyBrat once bubbled...
It not whimpy at all! Gotta love the picnic tables and benches they put in close to the water. Makes for a less strenuous gear up/down time. We carry our suits and BCs in large gear bags and the "incidentals" (wieghts, lights, fins etc) in a big Rubbermaid box on wheels. Easy to do at Alexander. Especially if the rugrats are with us and can carry stuff too!! LOL

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

Just a suggestion... but I wouldn't put my lights and weight in the same container... they don't mix :wink:

Gators do hang out in springs, although not as much as we'd like :D

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion...but the weights stay nicely in their bag at one end of the box and the lights are in thier own foam insulated box at the other end with assorted stuff in between to seperate them.

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

EW, I am currently in the UCF dive club. We just did a West Palm dive last weekend...of course it was great!! Do you have ties to the club?

UCFDiver85 once bubbled...
EW, I am currently in the UCF dive club. We just did a West Palm dive last weekend...of course it was great!! Do you have ties to the club?

I graduated from UCF in '93. We had a good club going on around 89 to 90. The club president had a jon-boat and his uncle had a cow pasture with a terriffic sinkhole on it. We used his boat for dives at Crystal River, Rainbow Springs, and Hospital Hole. We did a bunch of dives at the sinkhole. We were starving students and had to do cheap (as in "free") dives. We did do one West Palm Beach dive. We had a lot of fun. Attached is the dive club logo, circa 1989. It had been a while since I last looked at this. We were the Knight Divers. Not the AquaKnights. I remember now that we debated the two names and took a vote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom