Alan "Buzz" Anderson no longer with us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Buzz Was a key figure in our Lake Huron expedition team. He was one of the three who was always there to add critical information which kept us out of trouble. For 13 years we ventured into Lake Huron to dive the many hundreds of wrecks there from Lexington all the way north to Preque Isle. He was also one of the best teachers who taught many young divers including my sons to stay out of trouble during decompression in the cold water. He, Barb, and I dove many of the wrecks many only dream about. We started as new divers and worked our way into trimix diving. Our last dive together was on the Cornelia B Windiate @ 195' deep on 55% helium. We did two dives and filmed for 30 minutes. August 2004 It was our last dive together!

His life was taken from us on June 22nd 2006 during a swift water attemp to save two kids lives in the flooded Black river. Needlessly this happened because of two kids driving through the swift water several times until disaster struck.

Buzz worked for me for 18 years and was very special to me personally. He was my wifes and my best friend ever. He was a very kind and giving person never asking for anything in return for his good deeds. After his death my wife and I decided that maybe we should take a break from technical diving. The expeditions turned into work and the fun was waining as the gear and training intensified.

My crew and I erected a memorial on his behalf which depicts the last picture we have of him just after our last dive together in Presque Isle. Some of you may know of him. His memorial is on pitts rd. in wellington at the accident site between peck wadsworth rd. and rt 18. It is a very large boulder set in concrete with a bronze plaque inlayed in the granite.

I now know why some divers leave the diving arena after the loss of a very close friend.

Buzz.....we sure miss you my friend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom