Scott Boyd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
While his @boydski account was rarely used... If you dove in the Pacific Northwest you have almost assuredly relied on his deep wealth of scuba knowledge. He was a very active wreck explorer, a cave diver, and a talented photographer. His website saw thousands and thousands of hits over the years and he literally wrote THE book on PNW wreck diving.

He passed at home on December 10th.

He was always generous with his knowledge and experience. In addition to his full cave and trimix certifications, Scott was an Ocean's unlimited Master with the USCG. We looked for new sites, often shared information, and dove together occasionally over the decades we've been friends.

Fair winds and following seas buddy, your memory is a blessing.

I purchased his Northwest Wreck Dives earlier this year and have relied on his website for information for many years. I'm sad I did not get a chance to meet him in person. He will be missed.

I was literally about to start a thread to ask if he was on this board because I am harvesting a TON of info off his website.

I'm sad to read this. Scott took the photo on my profile in Chan Hol cave, Tulum, around ?? 2012? I did not know him well but he was a nice man, an excellent dive buddy, and a fine photographer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom