Aladin 2G as backup for Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't think you would need a back-up for such a reliable computer. One should also have a SPG while using a AI computer IMO. If the Sol malfunctions, simply end the dive. If a back-up is still desired, I would gravitate to a watch style computer...

Do you use a pony tank or two tanks?

The advantage of the Scubapro 2G is that it can do two gases.

If you are taking advantage of the Predictive Multi Gas function of the Sol, then the 2G makes sense.

If you are just using one mix, then go with the SubGear XP-10 by Scubapro.

Yes, the 2g is a good choice for a backup in your case, and it's even better in the DSS boot. When my bottom timer dies I will probably get a 2g in the DSS boot to use as the backup for my Galileo Luna.

I agree with the above that the Galileo is reliable, but a technical dive means I will have two devices which, at a minimum, tell me current depth & dive time.

I use the 2G as backup to my Dive Rite Nitek Trio. Having had computer batteries fail VERY prematurely on deco dives in the past, I like the added safety of redundancy even though I rarely do deco dives these days (but will in the future when my filming needs require it).

MMM,
If you are diving multiply gases, then the Aladin 2G is a great backup. If you are diving single gas, I like the SUBGEAR XP-10 or my favorite, the XPH (integrated, so would need 2 HP ports).

Thanks everyone. I have ordered the Aladin 2G from LDS in Saskatoon. He said he has one in stock and will put it in the mail to me. Now if I could just find a good technical dive instructor in Cozumel....

Back
Top Bottom