Alabama Diving Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:eek:ut: hi divebomb! i'm from b'ham and am thrilled to see someone from my corner of the world. i'm sure i'm much older that you but i can assureyou that i love diving as much as anybody. i'm having a problem ffinding dive buddies- i would love to try to get a trip planned for the upcoming summer specficaly in the cozumel region- any ideas or suggestions?

Tommygun53 once bubbled...
I used to live in montgomery,but have since moved to michigan. Just out of curiosity ,where are the dive shops in the montgomery area? Is there any decent diving in lake jordan/martin area? I will be in town soon and just wanted to check some stuff out... Thanks,Tom
We hit Martin pretty regularly during the winter. When will you be down?
Bring your drysuit as the water will likely be in the 40's.
The only active dive shop in Montgomery right now is Adventure Sports II - www.adventuresports2.com
Rick

The job we were working on has been postponed a little while ,so now its looking like ill be there around the middle of February to the middle of March.Ill actually be in the birmingham area but I have to get to montgomery and say hello to some old friends!
I would love to hit Martin with you guys, Ill have to stay in touch. whats the vis like there that time of year? I have never dove in alabama before so I dont know what its like.My last memories of lake jordan was that it always looked pretty muddy from the surface. Is there anything to see? Ill bet you guys have some good sized catfish down there... Tom

Feb-Mar is usually pretty good, with the water at its coldest (last year that was 44) and clearest (vis up to about 30 ft). By the end of March things are warming up and the vis is beginning to plummet to its summer average of around 5 or 6 feet (sometimes down to inches).
Let me know when you get dates and we'll try to put something together. There's also a quarry just south of B'ham that's pretty popular.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Feb-Mar is usually pretty good, with the water at its coldest (last year that was 44) and clearest (vis up to about 30 ft). By the end of March things are warming up and the vis is beginning to plummet to its summer average of around 5 or 6 feet (sometimes down to inches).
Let me know when you get dates and we'll try to put something together. There's also a quarry just south of B'ham that's pretty popular.
Rick

That sounds a lot better than ICE diving! Wow I never would have expected 30 ft,thats as good as some of the quarrys we have up here . Someone told me that Blue water adventures was closed for the winter up until the end of march,I think thats the name of it,Ive never been there myself though.

-Tom

Well I'm up in Haleyville (1 1/2 hour nw of bham, 1.5 hour sw of huntsville) and have been to the Quarry in huntsville, it was great... I was just there to finish my OW cert though and haven't been back in a WHILE...

George

Hi George-it Must Be Pretty Cold Up There. Thanks For The Message. I Have Not Been Diving For About A Year And Am So Ready To Get Wet Again. Where Did You Get Your Ow ?

Hey everyone, i'm in the B'ham area as well and looking to either start or join a club... we could easily meet at blue water....

cdsbua 2: I got my OW at the quarry in Madison county....

Goose: Where is blue water?

Sorry for the delayed response guys, I'm not on the scuba board everyday and for some reason it's not emailing me and letting me know that I have a response to answer.

:)

George

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom