AL Mikron 1st Stage Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll refer to more experienced techs and experts on the matter, but I like to keep my dive gear simple and bulletproof. And idiot-proof, because I know myself... :wink:

When I briefly had Aqualung firsts, I converted them to the classic DIN that was produced before ACD. Easy to do, still available. So, yes, that's possible, and Simon knows how and what is needed. Non-ACD Aqualung 1sts are apparently great regs!

Reactions: Zef
How many years was Oceanic Dry Valve Technology on market? No more. (Starts at 0:26)

Realized I didn't have the file on my phone so pulled out the laptop and decided to post the file here in case others have a use for it.

I have not been able to locate a service manual for the ACD version of the Legend, but the directions for disassembly/assembly of the ACD mechanism should be the same.

Happy new year!

-Z
i have the ACD manual for Legend if you like.

Attachments

• CALDY.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
The DIN version of the ACD is not susceptible to this problem. A conversion of a yoke reg to non-ACD is a good move, IMO. But I have no qualms about the DIN ACD design (apart from it being one more thing in the air path).

Your post makes me think I will leave my Franken-Core that I purchased from Simon the way it is. He built a Core from individual parts but opted to make it Non-ACD so that servicing it would be simpler as it just requires an 8mm Allen key to remove the yoke fitting…similar to the current Titan.

I was thinking about converting it to DIN to make it a proper Core with ACD, but now I am having 2nd thoughts…I need to research if the non-ACD Titan DIN conversion kit will work with it.

-Z
It will.

Reactions: Zef
I'll refer to more experienced techs and experts on the matter, but I like to keep my dive gear simple and bulletproof. And idiot-proof, because I know myself... :wink:

When I briefly had Aqualung firsts, I converted them to the classic DIN that was produced before ACD. Easy to do, still available. So, yes, that's possible, and Simon knows how and what is needed. Non-ACD Aqualung 1sts are apparently great regs!

I'm going to convert my ACD Legend to non ACD because I find myself spending too much time thinking about ACD. It's a "feature" that for me serves no real world purpose or benefit.

For cold water diving (fresh water lakes) I also used to routinely let any potential moisture evaporate out of the reg by taking off the dust cap for a day or two once the reg was dry. With ACD any condensation stays in there..

But, it has been tested, improved, lots of people are happy with it. Maybe I am OCD about ACD...

Back
Top Bottom