Al Boom buy Atlantis Dive Centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Stuart

Yep Yanni is at GVI, two months, lucky you.

I will ask her tonight for an update, but I know for sure that you do not need to bring eating tools (knife/fork/spoon + plate)

She also bought a local SIM card for her phone

Got the mosquito net from Ikea, but she might be leaving hers behind along with other stuff, not sure. Yanni flies back next Saturday, what day do you go there?

She has seen a few "fat" nudis but is assigned to fish so has been more focused on that side of things. Also swam with a whale shark last weekend.

Apparently everything is shut on a Sunday so your weekend is no different from here (Fri/Sat) this allows you to access shops to buy stuff. Thursday night is BBQ night, you get meat that day!

Last edited:
I fly out this Thursday

Still got a few things to get but I'm pretty much all set. Getting the A4 dive slate in Dubai has also been an issue.

Al Boom on Wasl road is where I found the A4 (ish) slate.

Yanni will still be there, so I guess there must be some sort of handover. Will give you a buzz after I have spoken with her regarding any extras or things to leave behind. She is on the main island Mahe.

Al Boom (known locally as Al Doom) are a dive company affiliated to PADI, they run two shops in Dubai as well as Atlantis Dive Resort and the shark tank in Dubai Mall. The also have an operation on the east coast at Aqqa just south of Dibba at Le Meridian Hotel.

so al boom is a company providing dive facilities to divers........... i have seen dubai mall s aquarium it is fantastic.........but iam still thinking that how do they feed those animals .....i mean every fish eats different food so how do they prepare food for them........

so al boom is a company providing dive facilities to divers........... i have seen dubai mall s aquarium it is fantastic.........but iam still thinking that how do they feed those animals .....i mean every fish eats different food so how do they prepare food for them........

Occasionally one of the tourist divers disappears :wink:

For those interested in locally purchasing their Scubapro gear from a friendly shop, you can visit The Dive Shop Water Sports LLC. The Dive Shop Dubai - Home

We provide Air, Nitrox and TriMix blends, and inspect and service diving equipment.

For more information as to where are we located go to The Dive Shop Dubai - Contact Us

I was going to swing by today as I have a meeting in DIP, but your are closed on Mondays!

Strange place to have a dive shop though, not exactly convenient location unless you live in the Green Community. Might pop in when I have the next meeting in DIP at the end of September.

Back
Top Bottom