Akumel Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PadiGirl

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to the board, and am hoping you can help.
I am thinking of staying at the Akumel Beach Resort..my questions are: Has anyone used Venta (on-site op) How was the cost compared to outside ops (Coz a 10 tank was $200 w/a cash discount)..Has anyone used a "town" operator? Do they pickup from the hotels.

Any info is appreciated.
Sandi

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Your questions would be better researched on our Mexico forum. I am not at all a computer whiz, but I have most of these controls figured out. If I can help you learn to navigate around here, send me a PM. Click my handle in the upper left here, then click Send PM...

don

BTW - it would really help in future discussion if you'd complete your Profile. Click "User CP" upper left of this page, then go down to "Edit Profile."

:D

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 16 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

PadiGirl:
Hi All,
New to the board, and am hoping you can help.
I am thinking of staying at the Akumel Beach Resort..my questions are: Has anyone used Venta (on-site op) How was the cost compared to outside ops (Coz a 10 tank was $200 w/a cash discount)..Has anyone used a "town" operator? Do they pickup from the hotels.

Any info is appreciated.
Sandi

Hey there,

Akumal Beach Resort is a great place to stay for the price.
You can't go wrong with the accomadations and service.
Very central to all types of diving.

I did not dive with Venta diving but I have heard good and bad things from others on their trip.

Go to Cozumel instead for the day, and don't forget to do a cenote cavern dive.

I am jealous.

tp

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies...we just finalized our trip and will be at the Copacabana, which is Xpu-Ha area...
Think it's in the middle of nowhere..need some help with a dive operator
Thanks again,
Sandi

Welcome Sandi...glad you stopped by and hope that you will stay awhile. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are ready and willing to help in anyway, all you have to is ask.

Again, welcome to SB.

-ZD

Thanks for the warm welcome..
Just got the tickets this AM---we did get switched to Bahia Principe, which I believe is Bahia Divers(?)..what's the word on them? Any other local choices? Do want to Centote/Cavern Dive, but did 11 tanks in Cozumel just this April, so will take a pass on doing that again.
Do I need to be careful with my dive op choice on the cenote dive...1st timer on that.
Thanks again,
Sandi

Dan,
I did look at the website..I can't get a handle on where this hotel is..not a good map.
Can you tell me what is it near??? Is it north or south of PDC (and by how far).
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom