Airport shuttle pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course! We go someplace different every day. It would be great to get together. Maybe we can plan another ScubaBoard dinner at El Moro :)

The bolded is the problem.:p

My post wasn't about convincing anyone to do it one way or the other. We all have preferences. I'm just saying the big inconvenience with CUN. With free carts in the airport and trikes/cabs at the ferry terminals, I'm not having to "drag" my bags more than 100 feet. If that's a monumental hassle, how do people manage to pack their own bags in the car, drag them on and off the airport shuttle, then through the airport to the checkin counter? Seriously, more than half of my "bag-dragging" occurs before I get on the plane.

As for "being there" when the plane lands, I'm "there" in Mexico in CUN.
If ever I get to the point where I am traveling more often to Cozumel, I might consider flying into CUN, but these days I only get to go once a year, so I really don't want to add another 2-3 hours each way to my travel time and a couple hundred bucks doesn't even move the needle. It's not just the physical effort of humping 150 lbs of equipaje plus carry ons and personal items, it's also the keeping track of it all and all the times I have to handle it.

Save me $500-600 and maybe you'll get my attention. :D

If ever I get to the point where I am traveling more often to Cozumel, I might consider flying into CUN, but these days I only get to go once a year, so I really don't want to add another 2-3 hours each way to my travel time and a couple hundred bucks doesn't even move the needle. It's not just the physical effort of humping 150 lbs of equipaje plus carry ons and personal items, it's also the keeping track of it all and all the times I have to handle it.

Save me $500-600 and maybe you'll get my attention. :D

For me, in ATL it's more like $300 - $400 more. Now, if the CUN ticket was $1,200, I might spring for it. But when it's double the price, I say I will drag a bag. Same money, but different percentages. I may not be alone, but it's still an odd way of looking at the same absolute $$$.

It's all about perspective. I'm all about what @ReefHound says...the minute I hit CUN, I'm in Mexico and having a great time. HOWEVER, I take it to another level. I make the bag drag worthwhile. I have found a cool little place to stay in Playa del Carmen and discovered a few REALLY good restaurants within easy walking distance. We usually stay a few nights and play in Playa on the way to or from CZM. Kinda makes the extra effort worth it :wink: Yes, I'm all about the scuba diving in CZM, but I also like to have a good time - life's a journey...enjoy the ride :)

Those that live in more remote areas should try “multi cities” search....for example...
It's all about perspective. I'm all about what @ReefHound says...the minute I hit CUN, I'm in Mexico and having a great time. HOWEVER, I take it to another level. I make the bag drag worthwhile. I have found a cool little place to stay in Playa del Carmen and discovered a few REALLY good restaurants within easy walking distance. We usually stay a few nights and play in Playa on the way to or from CZM. Kinda makes the extra effort it :wink: Yes, I'm all about the scuba diving in CZM, but I also like to have a good time - life's a journey...enjoy the ride :)
I like the way you think:wink::heart:

Now, if the CUN ticket was $1,200, I might spring for it.
o_O What? Huh?

For me, in ATL it's more like $300 - $400 more.
It may well vary with when you look, but the best I see in February ATL-CUN is $291. ATL-CZM $486. A little less than $200 saved. That higher priced flight is Delta non-stop, 2¾ hours, slightly less time returning, sweet! Only Jet Blue offers the cheaper fare to CUN, plane changes in Florida, over 4 hours going, over 10 hours returning, yuck.

Atl-Cun.JPG Atl-Czm.JPG

Those that live in more remote areas should try “multi cities” search....for example...
What example. Yeah, I try multiple cities, but no joy within 100 miles.

It's all about perspective. I'm all about what @ReefHound says...the minute I hit CUN, I'm in Mexico and having a great time. HOWEVER, I take it to another level. I make the bag drag worthwhile. I have found a cool little place to stay in Playa del Carmen and discovered a few REALLY good restaurants within easy walking distance. We usually stay a few nights and play in Playa on the way to or from CZM. Kinda makes the extra effort worth it :wink: Yes, I'm all about the scuba diving in CZM, but I also like to have a good time - life's a journey...enjoy the ride :)

Same here, I've worked a night or two in Playa on many trips. Coz has some fun bars but no comparison to the nightlife on 5th. Really nice to sit on the beach, feet in the sand, drinking cold ones, looking at the lights on Coz, listening to a band. All 1 to 2 blocks walk from hotel. Although we usually does this at the back end of the trip.

Uninformed question...hence,, the question.....I laugh at all the threads on taxi service and costs in Coz!

Hey, anyone care to start up Uber on Coz :eyebrow:

Uber is effectively illegal in Quintana Roo, so no Uber in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, or Cozumel (or Tulum or Chetumal). Shortly after the national elections in July 2018, the QRoo Congress voted to reclassify Uber in such a way that, according to the Uber executives, "practically would leave them unable to operate."

Full article is linked below. It's in Spanish, but you can plug the URL into Google Translate. The information is all there, but the formatting is a little messy. Guess who all the folks in the white shirts are?

QRoo aprueba reformas que reclasifican Uber

View attachment 480650 Back to the original question. Current as of 19/09/18
Is Hotel Cozumel still considered Centro? Last year one of the shuttle jefes tried to tell me El Cantil was full Sur. I told him no, Centro, and he didn't want to take my ticket. I told him to drop us off at Villas Las Anclas, since we needed to stop at 3P dive shop. Also, what are the breakdowns of Sur 1, Sur 2, etc?

Back
Top Bottom