Airport shuttle pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of curiosity, if the prices have gone up since May of 2018 a little bit, would you cancel your vacation?

Are you talking about shuttle prices only? No. Now, if they doubled, I might consider walking to the street to catch a cab. Prices of all things (hotel, food, beer, diving) would need to rise quite a bit to keep me from going to CZM.

That’s an odd question? Cozumel is still a steal deal no matter what you compare it to...prices could escalate 25% and t would still be a worthy destination, but the pricing has held steady for many years....
the odd part is this entire oddly specific thread about the shuttle perhaps going up a buck or two. Who cares?

Out of curiosity, if the prices have gone up since May of 2018 a little bit, would you cancel your vacation?
I think he just wants to know in case someone tries to rip him off. The taxis are the worst about such, but happens elsewhere on the Spanish speaking island.

I don't know if they have changed or not, but the prices are easy to read on the wall behind the sales desk.

So what is everyone's opinion on Coz airport transfers? I just had a deal pop up that would let me fly into Coz for about $50 more than the CUN bag drag, but I'm seeing horror stories on trip advisor about people paying $15 for a 2 mile trip, then spending an hour in the van while they drop off all their AI passengers first....or people dragging their 150lbs of luggage for a mile before they can get a cab. I just need to get to a place right by La Choza.

Those are exaggerations and AI will be a different van. People going downtown or nearby are grouped together. It’s a set price you pay at an official counter in the airport and the worst case you might have to wait for 15 minutes for them to fill the van.

Who is making these silly exaggerations? Cost per person for in town is $8 or less. They drop people off closest first and try to group vans by destination area. And if you choose to walk off airport for a cab, it's about a hundred yards.

Those are exaggerations and AI will be a different van. People going downtown or nearby are grouped together. It’s a set price you pay at an official counter in the airport and the worst case you might have to wait for 15 minutes for them to fill the van.

I do not think they fill the vans based on whether or not you're going to an AI. We've been to Cozumel dozens of times, and the vans have always (as near as I can tell) been filled based on location, not the type of resort.

Uninformed question...hence,, the question.....I laugh at all the threads on taxi service and costs in Coz!

Hey, anyone care to start up Uber on Coz :eyebrow:

I do not think they fill the vans based on whether or not you're going to an AI. We've been to Cozumel dozens of times, and the vans have always (as near as I can tell) been filled based on location, not the type of resort.

I think that statement probably was based on most of the AI resorts being outside of town somewhat clustered near each other.

So what is everyone's opinion on Coz airport transfers? I just had a deal pop up that would let me fly into Coz for about $50 more than the CUN bag drag, but I'm seeing horror stories on trip advisor about people paying $15 for a 2 mile trip, then spending an hour in the van while they drop off all their AI passengers first....or people dragging their 150lbs of luggage for a mile before they can get a cab. I just need to get to a place right by La Choza.

I will pay considerably more than $50 to fly to the island. Some times of year I can't fly to Cozumel on Friday AT ALL, so I go to CUN. The "bag drag" is not at all challenging and I weirdly enjoy it. If MAYAir has a flight that's convenient in terms of timing (meaning it'll get me to the island sooner than the bus and ferry), I'll take that.

$50 will just about cover the round-trip costs of the bus and ferry, so saving $50 going into CUN is not a deal, that's break-even. $50 more to go straight into and out of CZM is an absolute no-brainer if other factors are equal (such as connections).

In terms of getting from the island airport to a place in Centro (which I used to do frequently until I came up with an alternate way), I never had any issues with using the airport shuttles. I just got a shuttle ticket at the window for not much and got to the house with no trouble. I've never spent anywhere close to an hour in total using the shuttles to get from the airport to my house.

I can't imagine any realistic circumstances under which flying into CUN would get you to a hotel or house in Cozumel faster than flying into CZM would.

Absolutely. They want to make their runs as efficient as possible so they can get back to the airport to pick up more passengers. I used to get mixed in with people going to Hotel Cozumel (some of whom were on AI, some not, and nobody ever asked) and Scuba Club because my house is kind of on the way.

Hey, anyone care to start up Uber on Coz :eyebrow:

It'll happen eventually, and islanders will be very happy about that. Local residents tend not to feel as if they're well-served by the taxis in general. At some point the taxistas won't be able to push enough Uber-painted vehicles into the sea (or torch them, as has happened elsewhere) to prevent it. And, no, I don't know anyone who wants to be the first person that makes that happen, because that's going to be very unpleasant for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom