Airport Security X-Rays Effect ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milehi

Reaction score
I will be taking my dive computer in my carry on bag when I travel and will be going through airport security checkpoints several times . I'm wondering what effect the x-rays could have on my dive computer . Has anyone ever had any problems with your computer that you think was caused by security screening x-rays ?

I wouldn't think so. Your computer could be called electronically similar to a Gameboy since there is no magnetic media, only chips to store the data. And I've run my Gameboy through dozens of x-ray machines both here in states and twice abroad (Australia).

If you are uncomfortable with them zapping it, do what folks do with laptops. Carry it with you in your pocket or carry on, and then hand it to the security cop after turning it on to demonstrate what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom