Airport Bags for Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1:
Careful on some of the flights into the Keys...some of those have a bag limit (and if they are overweight, they start removing stuff from the plane) So make sure you have everything you need to dive in case a bag gets delayed!

For my trip to Florida in Jan 2006, I used a regular every day rolling suitcase, stuffed all of my equipment (Wetsuit, BC, Fins, booties as well as my boat bag and a few other things) and it weighed 49LBS! For the trip home I opted to ship a few things, only because I knew that if anything was still slightly damp, it would be overweight!

One nice thing for future trips by plane to the Keys...In Key Largo, there's a UPS store at the mall next door to the main marina where the dive boats go out (MM100) and the person there said if I wanted, the next time I come down, to have things shipped from our UPS store to there, and I could pick it up on the way through...not a bad deal depending on which way I get there!

Thanks for the information Buoyant! I am going to be driving down to the Keys from FLL so I am not worried about the weight restrictions as much...ohhhh can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom