Airfare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in the day, I used to fly on Trans-Texas Airways, the precursor to Texas Intentional.
Me, too. We used to call it Tree Top Airlines. They flew WWII vintage C-47's in their early days, IIRC.

Check sun country. They run DFW to CZM for ~$300 between june 1 and aug 20. AA knows they’re the only direct NS flight from here and gouge the price aftewr SC stops their seasonal flights.

Check sun country. They run DFW to CZM for ~$300 between june 1 and aug 20. AA knows they’re the only direct NS flight from here and gouge the price aftewr SC stops their seasonal flights.
What, drive from Sacramento California to DFW, then fly? He wants to travel sometime in October.

My bad, I did not realize it was October. He could have potentially foound a cheap flight to connect to DFW.

Anyways the Sun Country flight info might help others.

Checking the flight status for Interjet the last few days I've seen no cancellations for the Tijuana to Mexico city and Mexico city to Cancun routes.

Hopefully this will be consistent in June also. Seems they had a labor dispute back in March and service issues with the Russian built Sukhoi Superjet 100s. I would be cautious buying tickets for tickets more then 6 months out.

Last June I had a good experience using the San Diego CBX sky bridge into the Tijuana airport. Hoping for the same this June?

Checking the flight status for Interjet the last few days I've seen no cancellations for the Tijuana to Mexico city and Mexico city to Cancun routes.
Well, a realistic appraisal would require a bigger look. Search the airline in News and you find many ominous headlines. See Interjet - Google Search

Hopefully this will be consistent in June also. Seems they had a labor dispute back in March and service issues with the Russian built Sukhoi Superjet 100s. I would be cautious buying tickets for tickets more then 6 months out.
I think buying with a credit card would offer a lot of protection, but a trip could still be ruined. It's always a good idea to get trip insurance when leaving the country, so one might want to shop for good coverage with an iffy airline in mind.

Last June I had a good experience using the San Diego CBX sky bridge into the Tijuana airport. Hoping for the same this June?
$15/day parking, $30 round-trip to use the connecting bridge, and you're impressed. Must have been great flights.

$15/day parking, $30 round-trip to use the connecting bridge, and you're impressed. Must have been great flights.[/QUOTE]

No need to pay for day parking. I'm dropped off either at San Diego airport or the CBX bridge.

The $30 dollars to avoid TSA and immigration line in Cozumel and the return flight thru IAH is well worth that IMHO.

I guess you mean Cozumel Immigration and Customs, since you clear them as your cross the border from California.
No need to pay for day parking. I'm dropped off either at San Diego airport or the CBX bridge.

The $30 dollars to avoid TSA and immigration line in Cozumel and the return flight thru IAH is well worth that IMHO.
Also nice that you are local enough to get dropped off, and you can avoid I&C in Houston, yes.

Also American reduced flights to Cancun last fall and dropped the Miami to Cozumel route at the beginning of April.

Ouch - I'm seeing the effect of it, too.

I've gotten used to cheap sub-$400 CAD flights with American (Toronto - Cozumel return, with a quick layover at either DFW or MIA)... that price has been pretty stable the last few years, as long as I'm flexible which day I fly on. It's supported the formation of an annoying Cozumel habit. But just looked up current prices, and everything is now $1000+ for the foreseeable future. Assuming it's due to the loss of the MIA-CZM route.

Is this a temporary/seasonal shortage that they'll resolve -- or is it the end of reliably cheap flights on this route? American was always by far the best Cozumel option for me... though I guess I could start doing the bag drag. Cancun prices are still reasonable, with a lot more choice on timing/airline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom