Air2 corrugated hose too short

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Bobbyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a tall guy with a long neck I guess. When using my Air2 on my Scubapro Glide, the regulator is pulled out of my mouth if I turn my head to the right. Yes, my BC is properly adjusted and fits good. Has anyone else had this problem? The air supply hose is plenty long enough. Has anyone heard of a longer corrugated hose for these type BCs?

As far as I know all SP corrugated hoses are 1” which is pretty standard. The fittings are not but all you need do is buy the hose length you want from the link in Bob’s post and cut the ties on the b/c end and inflator, you will also likely loose the pull dump feature (a good thing to be rid of in my opinion) or have to find a longer cable to reattach it.

I am a tall guy with a long neck I guess. When using my Air2 on my Scubapro Glide, the regulator is pulled out of my mouth if I turn my head to the right. Yes, my BC is properly adjusted and fits good. Has anyone else had this problem? The air supply hose is plenty long enough. Has anyone heard of a longer corrugated hose for these type BCs?
You have just rediscovered one of the several very real problems with the "Air2" and clone type configuration.

A 6-inch long piece of heavy fishing line can be used to extend the existing pull dump cord in about 60 seconds.

and for a few seconds more you could install a length of plastic conduit inside the hose
to maintain the pull dump feature

.....or not have a pull dump and thus save the BCD material around the fitting....

or actually get the proper length SS cable....

Those SS cables that are covered with plastic ALWAYS fail! The crimp cuts through the plastic and saltwater gets in there and causes a corrosion failure. I have no idea why they don't all switch over to 400 lb monofilament fishing line which will last longer than the BC and have zero problems. I have modified many pull dump cables after failures etc.

Reactions: EdC

Back
Top Bottom