Air2 corrugated hose too short

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....or not have a pull dump ...

+1

Newer divers might not know that the Scubapro Stabilizing Jacket (SSJ) did not always have such a pull dump. I purchased my first SSJ (orange, with "taco pockets") new in 1987, along with a new 2nd generation AIR 2. No pull dump attached either to the power inflator or to this 2nd gen AIR 2 that immediately replaced it.

I purchased my second SSJ (black, "fin-seal") new ca. 1994, and immediately put a 3rd generation AIR 2 on it. Again, no pull dump attached either to the power inflator or to this 3rd gen AIR 2. By the way, I still use this kit (primarily with my PST/Sherwood Genesis HP 80) from time to time.

FWIW, I'm almost certain I personally would NOT use a pull dump attached either to a power inflator or an AIR 2. I am almost certain I would disable such a pull dump on my own, personal kit.

Both of my SSJ's had/have an over-pressure relief valve on the right-hand shoulder, with an attached pull cord that runs to the right chest (designed so that a diver can trip his OPV by pulling on his/her cord). We were taught to never use this cord. We were taught that, instead, a diver should reach up to his OPV on his right shoulder, with his right hand, and trip the OPV directly (rather than use the pull string to trip it).

rx7diver

Back
Top Bottom