Air Travel & Scuba Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Any limitation on tanks ( pressure, types ) that can be bought on airplane ????

For example going to Thailand or Singapore to dive. Is it better to take the tank or just rent one from there ??? DIN, YOKE ?????

i bring din valves with me.

you can take tanks, just make sure the valves aare open

With the airline I work for, the tanks must be drained to under 40psi. I am going to guess that most airlines are the same way.

As for DIN or yoke, if you are taking your own, who cares what it is as long as you have the right equipment for it.

Never had any problems, just take off the vales and put the plastic stoppers in them, be ready for a the excess baggage costs...

With the post 9/11 environment, the airlines have become very strict with excess luggage weight. If the lenght of stay is small, I would recommend agaist taking the tanks. Otherwise as the gurus above have mentioned, valves off, possibly have to VIP tank at destination. Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom