Air Quality Certificate

I am aware of biannual CSA testing required for air fill stations?

• And always ask to see a certificate every 6 months

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sometimes ask

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Never ask

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • What is an air certificate?

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forum for ideas

I can say that I am not a Doctor or Physic master. I am a quality professional that understands the need for continual quality monitoring and improvement.

When I see a breakdown in standardization and procedures, I see a potential for failure in the integrity of the product.

The proof and documentation requested is vast..quality improvement and evolution is a fixture of industry, manufacturing and customer service.

My comparison between air stations and retail stores is valid. A product is a product, how we demand and interpret quality of the product is up to the majority of consumers. If the customer wants better quality..the manufacturer had better conform or hit the street.

This is why we see 100's of standards for every item you use or buy..because of testing, accidents and quality improvement to avoid those accidents. A dead customer won't buy your product again.

I understand the DIR GUE point of view and respect and applaud it. If you think I am pointing fingers at your shop or agency...realize that there are 10x more non DIR shops out there running by the seat of their pants than you DIR shops.We are aiming at the fly by nighters.

http://www.scc.ca/certific/labs.html - Accredited labs Canada

A list of accredit labs in Canada. If you want more info on their standards you can find them in the website.

A list of shops with Z180 have been made by Puffer..the names were volunteered by shops that responded to the request. Customer oriented shops.

For medical questions ask Puffer.I am not a source of info on that.

I know quality management and improvement and that is the direction from which I am agreeing and contributing.

SneakyB'tard once bubbled...
Forum for ideas

I can say that I am not a Doctor or Physic master.

This is why we see 100's of standards for every item you use or buy..because of testing, accidents and quality improvement to avoid those accidents. A dead customer won't buy your product again.

For medical questions ask Puffer.I am not a source of info on that.

Is puffer a doctor and qualified to answer medical questions? If not he might wish to refrain from answering medical questions.

So sneaky and puffer, I have yet to see the two of you sign up for the July 26th OFWF party. Why not come an join us and say your peace directly face to face?

It would give you the opportunity to visit the shops personally and voice your concerns directly to the shop owners. This may pay-off better than hiding behind a computer.

Thanks for the invite Taz..I have been wanting to attend but cannot get time off of work.

I don't hide behind a computer...I have talked to all the shops in my area, they are open to ideas, some have shown little or no interest but they were all polite and listened.

It's all based on customer demand, why change if one guy is asking for it and 500 others are not? Or maybe its awareness?

I asked one shop in your area, but when I asked for CSA Z180 air, they responded with "Sorry we aren't nitrox blending yet"

Hmmmm

I just agree with the idea of better quality standards. I get my air filled at many stations, some approved some not. I just would like to see change.

Improvement is good..isn't it?:wink:

Thanks for the invite Taz..I have been wanting to attend but cannot get time off of work.

Sorry to hear you are unable to make it!

KeyserSoze once bubbled...
“Our pledge is to offer divers and educators a new alternative- one that is not afraid to take a stand for safety over financial gain and quality over quantity.”
I believe that quote came form your website GUE Guy and Gal

These guys are stating the need to improve quality and safety.....maybe you are on the GUE bandwagon but you don't follow the doctrine at all.

"man's mind once stretched.........." how does that go?

Look on the internet....Deaths all the time due to air contamination in commercial divers......
I have seen many dive shops that have staff that can't tell the time let alone fill a tank properly....I'm saying subscribe to the list...be open look yourself...learn...expand your mind

I see we have found the village idiot. If you had read and understood what the ‘guy and gal’ had posted, you would understand that we are trying to assess whether there is a need for change. We do not see a problem with the OUC or any other testing facility analyzing to the CAN/CAS Z180.1 standard.

The issue is that we want to see the documentation that stipulates only certain accredited facilities may test to the standard. We want to see the documentation that details what an accredited facility is. The Ministry of Labour has been continually mentioned in this thread. If the Ministry is involved then table the regulation, which defines what accredited labs are and what labs are accredited.

Finally, we are not discussing commercial diving, which adheres to a standard other then Z180 in Canada.

Could be the DRDC falls under one of the CFAOs or an NDHQ sub group.

DMEE(DIRECTOR OF MARINE AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING) is responsible for the administration and funding of the
Divers' Breathing Air Analysis Program. This responsibility
includes the promulgation of:

a. C-87-020-001/NG-001, Special Test Instruction for Divers'
Breathing Air Analysis;

b. Specification D-87-003-000/SG-001, Purity Standards of
Compressed Air and Gases for Divers; and

c. Specification D-87-003-004/SF-001, Cleaning Procedures
for Hyperbaric and Divers' Breathing Gas Piping and
Distribution Systems.

All of these fall under CFAO 43-2 or CFAO 50- 10

Sorry not much help otherwise...not really sure why DCIEM isn't there.

Forum for ideas

The proof and documentation requested is vast..quality improvement and evolution is a fixture of industry, manufacturing and customer service.

Dude
The proof and documentation that we are requesting is not vast. We have focused our topic. We are only asking for two documents.

My comparison between air stations and retail stores is valid. A product is a product, how we demand and interpret quality of the product is up to the majority of consumers. If the customer wants better quality..the manufacturer had better conform or hit the street.

Once again we are not interested in your comparisons. All we want are the 2 documents.

I understand the DIR GUE point of view and respect and applaud it. If you think I am pointing fingers at your shop or agency...realize that there are 10x more non DIR shops out there running by the seat of their pants than you DIR shops.We are aiming at the fly by nighters.

This is another unjustified statistic. Where are you getting your data from. Please post the source.
I do not think you are pointing fingers at my shop as I do not have one. I do not understand how you are missing me point. We are interested in what makes a test facility accredited. This thread is based on shops using OUC for testing are not Z180 compliant. Please show the documentation that details this.

We are not interested in the hearsay and the conjecture. We have not time for it. we do not really have time for repeating this simple request continually either. We are giving you a week to produce the 2 documents. If you cannot produce them then it will highlight the true nature and quality of the information contained in this thread to date.

safe dives
James

SneakyBtard,

You also mentioned in an earlier post that diving gas was not analyzed in the event of an accident. Since DCIEM has been brought up:

It is my understanding that DCIEM investigate every scuba death in Canada during which they test all equipment and the gas. Can some else verify this?

Safe dives
James

I gave the one link about accreditation already. See the above post.

I know you are frustrated, so am I.

I have already stated what area I am supporting, the quality improvement side. You must at least accept the fact that if there is a lack of complete and absolute standardization of the service, someone will be sub standard, thus providing low quality air.

Do a search on any type of quality management or cost of non conformance report.

What makes anyone think that the Dive industry does not apply to the framework of organizational behavior and its relation to quality deterioration or compacency.

Document 1) http://www.scc.ca/certific/labs.html - Accredited labs Canada

Document 2) Still working on it (maybe the now silent others could assist???) I'm the outfield without the pitcher.

I do agree Soze is a bit off though, good intentions, but off target.

What air standard do Commerical divers adhere to if it isn't the standards covered in the Occupational Health and Safety Act?

Back
Top Bottom