Air Jamaica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
:06: Has anyone here traveled on Air Jamaica? how are they etc. I"ll be flying down on the 24th. with them...and i've heard that they are really a bad airline. any help would be appreciated.

Ewhhhhhhhhh that don't sound good. We are only flying AJ because someone else made the reservations and all the arrangements for us...i'm scared now. i hope all goes well.

half the excitement of going to BON is getting there. i'll have my fun in sept.
diving in BON is is worth the trouble. :wink:

Geeeeeeeeeeee thanks I look forward now to that flight!

I've never flown Air Jamacia, but last caribbean trip the people on the airport shuttle bus next to us were flying them. We were flying the airline next to them. We both got in line with maybe 100 or little more people in front of us in each of our lines.

They ran us through ticketing in under 30 minutes.

The couple that got in line for Air Jamacia had only moved forward about "25%" the length of the line in 30 minutes and were worried about catching their flight which left in 1 hour. I can't blame them. Their line hardly moved at all. As we walked back by 30 minutes later their line still had barely moved. From this limited exposure to Air Jamacia, looks like this air line has some problems.

Try to get a seat near the front to ensure you get a complimentary Stripe before they run out.

I did 2 trips last year with them out of Boston and had only a little problem on the frist trip twith the weight on our bags, carried on the MEG, with the canister packed and 2 VR'3. Otherwize no problems. With a change in Jamaica.
Paul

Thanks guy's for all the input. I'll be flying out of Boston also and i've heard really bad things about them and was getting nervous now that I heard we are going with them. hopefully nothing goes wrong.

We've made multiple trips using Air Jamaica to various destinations, and have had great service, more on-time takeoffs & landings than typical US Airlines, and by comparison, our one experience with Cayman Airways was a total fiasco on Cayman Airways part.

We've never had lost, delayed, etc. luggage when we've used Air Jamaica either. I can't say the same for Delta, Air Tran, or Continental.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom