Air Jamaica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all realize that the service has been affected by the "reorganization" efforts. My only hope is that they pull through and get themselves back on their feet.

There are horror stories one can tell about any airline. DEMA before last we flew to Miami on Delta. Now Miami is about an eleven hour drive from my home. We got involved in a chain of thunderstorms and it took us 16 hours to get home from Miami to Montgomery. We waited in Miami for several hours to leave and then we missed connections in Atlanta because we sat on the tarmac in Albany for two hours waiting for thunderstorms to clear in Atlanta. Finally had to rent a car from Atlanta to Montgomery.

Just last Saturday American Eagle was scheduled for departure from Bonaire at 7 am. We met folks in town that were still on Bonaire at two-thirty in the afternoon. Seems like the plane had trouble so they flew in a mechanic from Puerto Rico or somewhere. Instead of loading the folks on the plane that the mechanic came in on they had to wait until the dude fixed the original plane. Air Jamaica scheduled for four that afternoon left long before the folks on American Eagle.

TACA - now there was an airline - went out of business and left us sitting in Guanaja. I liked their method of colored boarding passes.

United Airlines lost my luggage for over a week because the crew in Provo was on lunch break and just didn't feel like transferring the luggage. We know this because we watched the plane taxi right by the cart with our luggage on it. Luckily it was on the return to the US.

Those who think AJ sucks don't remember ALM affectionately known as All Luggage Missing airline.

The difference between a traveler and a tourist is that a traveler learns to adjust to those situations under which they have no control. Keep a swimsuit in your carry on - most all hotels have a day rate where you can sit around the pool with a drink with rum in it instead of sweltering at the airport.

AJ doesn't suck - the alternative does.

Here's to blue skies and the hope that all delays and lost bags are on the return trip.

I've only flown AJ on two trips to Bonaire... both on time both ways, no lost luggage.
Rick

This is absolutely GREAT!!!! We are to fly out of BWI on AJ on the 23rd of April to St. Lucia, and now looking at the articles linked on these threads, they have cancelled the St. Lucia legs. I haven't heard a peep from AJ that they are no longer flying to St. Lucia, even though we already have tickets to go there on their airline. Guess I need to get on the phone with them and find out what IS UP!!!

Air Jamaica is not a great airlines. I've flown them a few times, good price, but not great service. FAWA =flight attendants with attitudes. None of the other airlnes I've been on were much better however. In short, flying on commericial airlines is not what it used to be.

Top 5 Airlines of 2004 on the news last night..in order..

JetBlue
Air Tran
Southwest
United Airlines
America West

Comments please!

Tom Smedley:
We all realize that the service has been affected by the "reorganization" efforts. My only hope is that they pull through and get themselves back on their feet.

There are horror stories one can tell about any airline. DEMA before last we flew to Miami on Delta. Now Miami is about an eleven hour drive from my home. We got involved in a chain of thunderstorms and it took us 16 hours to get home from Miami to Montgomery. We waited in Miami for several hours to leave and then we missed connections in Atlanta because we sat on the tarmac in Albany for two hours waiting for thunderstorms to clear in Atlanta. Finally had to rent a car from Atlanta to Montgomery.

Just last Saturday American Eagle was scheduled for departure from Bonaire at 7 am. We met folks in town that were still on Bonaire at two-thirty in the afternoon. Seems like the plane had trouble so they flew in a mechanic from Puerto Rico or somewhere. Instead of loading the folks on the plane that the mechanic came in on they had to wait until the dude fixed the original plane. Air Jamaica scheduled for four that afternoon left long before the folks on American Eagle.

TACA - now there was an airline - went out of business and left us sitting in Guanaja. I liked their method of colored boarding passes.

United Airlines lost my luggage for over a week because the crew in Provo was on lunch break and just didn't feel like transferring the luggage. We know this because we watched the plane taxi right by the cart with our luggage on it. Luckily it was on the return to the US.

Those who think AJ sucks don't remember ALM affectionately known as All Luggage Missing airline.

The difference between a traveler and a tourist is that a traveler learns to adjust to those situations under which they have no control. Keep a swimsuit in your carry on - most all hotels have a day rate where you can sit around the pool with a drink with rum in it instead of sweltering at the airport.

AJ doesn't suck - the alternative does.

Here's to blue skies and the hope that all delays and lost bags are on the return trip.

YOU CAN'T COMPARE BEING STUCK BECAUSE OF A STORM TO CANCELLED FLIGHTS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE AIRLINE DON'T SEE ENOUGH PROFIT FROM THAT
PARTICULAR FLIGHT. THAT IS LIKE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES. pEOPLE MAKE PLANS ON A FLIGHT TO GET SOMEWHERE BY A PREDETERMINED TIME, AND YEAH MOTHER NATURE SOMETIMES MESSES THINGS UP ON CONNECTORS WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE, BUT TO CANCELL FLIGHT AND MAKE UP FLIGHTS AS YOU GO IS ANOTHER THING. ITS LIKE PLAYING A GAME OF MONPOLY AND MAKING UP THE RULES AS YOU GO. THEY NEED TO DO A LOT TO MAKE ME WANT TO FLY THEM AGAIN

scubaaaronh:
YOU CAN'T COMPARE BEING STUCK BECAUSE OF A STORM TO CANCELLED FLIGHTS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE AIRLINE DON'T SEE ENOUGH PROFIT FROM THAT
PARTICULAR FLIGHT. THAT IS LIKE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES. pEOPLE MAKE PLANS ON A FLIGHT TO GET SOMEWHERE BY A PREDETERMINED TIME, AND YEAH MOTHER NATURE SOMETIMES MESSES THINGS UP ON CONNECTORS WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE, BUT TO CANCELL FLIGHT AND MAKE UP FLIGHTS AS YOU GO IS ANOTHER THING. ITS LIKE PLAYING A GAME OF MONPOLY AND MAKING UP THE RULES AS YOU GO. THEY NEED TO DO A LOT TO MAKE ME WANT TO FLY THEM AGAIN

Excuse me scubaaaronh..did you hit the caps lock button by accident? I hope so, since using caps is considered screaming on line.

Natasha:
Top 5 Airlines of 2004 on the news last night..in order..

JetBlue
Air Tran
Southwest
United Airlines
America West

Comments please!

Jet Blue is great - nice folks and every seat has direct tv. I'm not a huge television watcher, but it really does make the flight time pass quickly. Their big drawback is they don't fly into a lot of major market airports.

Southwest is great for what they are too. Also very nice folks for the most part, flights tend to be on time and frequent and there is no hassle or penalty involved if you want to get on a different plane than the one you're scheduled on.

United and AW are run of the mill airlines in my opinion. Never flown Air Tran.

i love SouthWest... no frills, courteous, reliable, no fuss

awesome value for the money

Natasha:
Excuse me scubaaaronh..did you hit the caps lock button by accident? I hope so, since using caps is considered screaming on line.

whoops yeah i did i am at work and we use caps lock with the unix system

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom