Air integrated computers…backup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomasj1107

Contributor
Reaction score
For those that dive with air integrated computers…. Do you still have an additional pressure/depth gauge for backup like a console or what?

For those that dive with air integrated computers…. Do you still have an additional pressure/depth gauge for backup like a console or what?

Used to have an AI dive computer in console but that proved to be unreliable (Suunto Cobra, enough said), now I use two hoseless AI dive computers from two different mfg, Ratio and SP.

I use a Cressi Digi 1 Console. Shows range ( time left ) to 50 bar from any point on the dive. Use this with my Perdix AI

Attachments

• CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg
    CRESSI CONSOLE.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 48
I just returned from a week on the Belize Aggressor IV. One day, the cylinder pressures on my Oceanic VT3 and Shearwater Teric were not available, both on the same transmitter. I used my SPG and finished the dive, uneventfully. As I suspected, the battery of my transmitter had failed and was replaced, with resumption of normal function. For the VT3, you must poll the batteries to check their condition, I had not done that. However, I never received the low transmitter battery warnings from my Teric, which is very disappointing:
1650171706289.png

I never received the low transmitter battery warnings from my Teric
Disappointing, indeed. Do the dive logs have any indication of a problem?

For the OP, I don't have redundant pressure info and would simply end the dive. Install a new battery or revert to SPG for the next dive.

At this point it is just whatever you are comfortable with. I have a Perdix AI and I use a backup SPG and has the compass attached. Interestingly my last failure was the mechanical SPG and I continued my dive due to the Perdix AI working fine!

Back
Top Bottom