Air fills on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So ... I've gotten spoiled on Maui with $2 fills for the last 4 years and now I'm moving to Oahu - I usually do about 200 tank fills per year, though I'm guessing that will drop to about 100 on Oahu (gonna be busier with work now) My question is ... where's the best deal on air? I noticed IDH has a $5/month unlimited fills option per tank (very nice) but as a civilian I don't know how difficult it would be to get on Hickam regularly.

Any other options on Oahu like that?

One other question ... I've enjoyed working a couple days a week in the industry over here and would like to find a way to keep some part time work (1 or 2 days) at a small local shop in retail or guiding shore dives (no teaching or discover scuba though) Right now I'm diving for the glass bottom boat on Maui and absolutely love it ... but not sure if Oahu has anything similar. . . ideas anyone?

Aloha, Tim

P.S. I'll be living in Mililani as of February 1st 2009 :D

Sea Lancer 10 bucks a month; unlimited fill your own air. But it's on Hickam.

You won't need no stinking air with your apoc

They can fill air at IDH Hawaii Kai store, at least they do for the charters. You can probably talk them into letting you use the Hawaii Kai store to fill. I have the same Hickam access issues as you would. Bit of a drive from Mililani though.

I'd LOVE to join the Sealancers ... but I think you have to be military don't you?

I know the apoc will use very little gas, but I'm thinking about keeping my single tanks for teaching and visiting friends/dignitaries from distant scuba lands. Plus I'll need to keep my doubles topped off so I can transfill from them into my RB bottles :wink:

Hawaii Kai is kinda far to drive for air fills :S and I read on their website that the air club is on Hickam only :(

Aloha, Tim

Aloha Tim, diveoahu has a deal where if you join their dive club for $75 a year, you get 1 free fill every day.....they have 3 shops (I think) Kewalo basin, MCBH and at the Pearl Harbor NEX.....good luck with the move!
Helen

This is one nice thing about my move to Oahu - none of the shops on Maui have clubs, but seems like there are several on Oahu :D

I fill my tanks at Breeze Hawaii.

I pay $220 for a 100# card...a small price to pay when they remember that you are a repeat customer who supports their store, therefore you get honest advice and fair deals on equiptment and misc. gear.

Just my 2 cents...

I was just thinking about this...

I usually dive with IDH, but they are a little far to drive to get air if I'm diving the other side. I'm coming from Kaimuki. Anyone got deals for tank rentals or fills in town?

I'm coming from Kaimuki.
Breeze is over on Kaimuki - Right in your neighborhood

Tim:
Right now I'm diving for the glass bottom boat on Maui and absolutely love it ... but not sure if Oahu has anything similar. . . ideas anyone?

There is a glass bottom boat at Kaneohe Bay and there was one that ran out of Kewalo too....not sure if they are there anymore though. Even if they don't offer the service now you might want to suggest it to them...have the folks from Maui write a nice letter telling them how it helps business and your in :wink:

The one and only time I've had Sealancers air, it was oily tasting. I get my air from Breeze but it is in Kaimuki. I'm not sure what will be convenient for you from Mililani.

Contact Deep Sea in Haleiwa. They may have work and cheap air. I've filled there a few times but it was about $6 or something. But if you work there . . . . . Something to check into, anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom