Air Fills - How Much Are You Paying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive club has a compressor and air is free to members, oxygen is 1p/ltr - it costs me about £5 to fill my twin 12s. Local dive shops charge between £2.50 and £4 ($4 - $7) to fill a 12ltr, more for a 15 and nitrox up to 40% is double that. Twinsets are charged as two cylinders, so potentially £16 ($25.50)to fill twin 12s with 32%.

I like their top off policy, can't tell you how many times I have had my 13cf pony topped off at full price...

The dive shop I used to work for didn't charge to fill a pony.

I buy an unlimited air fill for my tanks. Cost $150 per tank for a year. I have double HP 120's that are never empty. Its a convenience thing too. If i use 500PSI or 2000PSI, I just top it up. Nitrox is half off with these stickers.

$7 per fill at both shops I use, $6 if you buy an air fill card. Is it any wonder I don't dive as much as I used to when fills were free.

More than I like but I figure it's worth it to have the air when I want it.

I think most of the shops around here charge about $8-10 for air and $12-15 for Nitrox. I haven't bothered with a fill card yet but I probably should. I think it will save maybe $80 over 100 fills or something. (Every 10th fill free)

I pay $650 for a year's 32% fills. I'd guess that probably ends up at about $5 a fill for 32%. By buying that membership, I also get a significant discount on O2, 50%, and helium.

For how many tanks (and what size) is this $650?

Here yearly per tank fee is $125 (I have HP 119.)

nothing if i buy my tank from them :D

Back in the 80's there were several dive shops in South Florida that would give you a card that entitled you to a lifetime of free fills if you purchased your tank there.

Man I miss the 80's...

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$5 for air, $7.50 for EAN32. $14 for VIP w/ air fill, and $39 for Hydrostatic with air fill. I really like my LDS

I just found a shop that does unlimited air for $75 a year and nitrox for $200 a year. I am tempted to get my tanks O2 cleaned at my next VIS and go with nitrox. They only do partial pressure fills on the nitrox...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom