AI Transmitter mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xmitter and hp hose.jpg

This is what I do. Many cave divers do it this way.

B86E1859-B666-46DB-9A81-CEF71C5B4008.jpeg

How I have mine set up. Once pressurized it stands proud. I have it set up with a quick detach. It has not failed me yet.

Once pressurized it stands proud. I have it set up with a quick detach. It has not failed me yet.
What is your reasoning for the QD?

What is your reasoning for the QD?
I separate it when storing my gear after a dive. I don't like threading and unthreading something all the time. Then again it's not like I thread and untread for fun. Comes from my shooting habits with suppressors. Threading and unthreading will inevitably wear out threads at least on a rifle. That's why all my cans get QD mounts.

I separate it when storing my gear after a dive. I don't like threading and unthreading something all the time. Then again it's not like I thread and untread for fun. Comes from my shooting habits with suppressors. Threading and unthreading will inevitably wear out threads at least on a rifle. That's why all my cans get QD mounts.
I understand why you want to remove a suppressor. But why do you want to remove the transmitter?

I understand why you want to remove a suppressor. But why do you want to remove the transmitter?
I have the same question.

Threading and unthreading will inevitably wear out threads at least on a rifle.

Why? Unless you are hamfisted the barrels should wear out long before the threads do.

With the AI transmitter on a short hose the wear should be on the hose not on the first stage.

Some folks, maybe this feller, have more than one regulator set? Maybe? Those dang Xmitters be expensive!

James

Some folks, maybe this feller, have more than one regulator set? Maybe? Those dang Xmitters be expensive!

James
Perhaps. But what he said was he takes it off to store it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom