AI Transmitter mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I separate it when storing my gear after a dive. I don't like threading and unthreading something all the time. Then again it's not like I thread and untread for fun. Comes from my shooting habits with suppressors. Threading and unthreading will inevitably wear out threads at least on a rifle. That's why all my cans get QD mounts.
Mine has always been attached to the first stage except when I had to change the short hose, never had an issue.

I leave mine attached directly attached to the first stage. Only time I unscrew it is when switching from my singles tank setup to my doubles setup. Transmitter is stored along with the regulators in a regulator bag after use.

I've got an ai transmitter on all the first stages I own. The only time I disconnect them is to service the battery or the regulator. I've seen people stand their tanks up (especially bad on boats) and have it fall over and break bcd elbows. I guess since my ow instructor drilled the "never leave you tank standing up" thing into me, I haven't had a problem like that.

Seems like it would be a heck of a fall for the thing to turn completely over so that the valve/first stage impacted. The times I've seen a tank tip, it was mostly the bcd that took the fall.

Back
Top Bottom