Ahe Dive Resort, Cenderawasih Bay (long review)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone been there in mid-Nov? I'm thinking of going there that month due to some left-over leave I have to clear. Is that a good time to go? When is the monsoon season for that area? Any good info much appreciated.

For a more recent report by me and info and lots of photos check here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/398859-ahe-dive-resort-cenderawasih-west-papua.html rain season is officially end of November to end of March.In rain season diving is still enjoyable.Mid November you will be fine on this beautiful little island and whalesharks.

Last edited:
Sipadiver - I was there first week of November 2011. There were some rain, but the trip was still good all the same.

divewench1 - are you Amanda, previously of Absolute Scuba, Bali? You might want to check the dates of your liveaboard trip in August, may not be the best of time to go there :D

divewench1 - are you Amanda, previously of Absolute Scuba, Bali? You might want to check the dates of your liveaboard trip in August, may not be the best of time to go there :D

Hi Albert, yes I used to be one of the managers at Absolute! Re: the dates for the liveaboard trip; I bow to the superior knowledge of my colleagues who have arranged this trip, as they have dived the area before.

When will we be seeing you in Bali again?? :D

divewench1 - will be going back to Bali in August.
August may be a good month for liveaboard to Raja Ampat, but Dave might not get his wished fulfilled with the Whale Sharks at Ahe though!

Thanks, Rizal Christian.
This video was filmed by me for the Resort and posted earlier :)
you are welcome, it was a nice one though !
really inspiring and good promote for Ahe,
As an Indonesian I was amazed and proud of it :).

I am searching and planning trip to Ahe, it might not be this year but I'm looking forward to go to Ahe.
It's increasingly popular among divers here, while R4 might be 'too popular' like Bali already :).
Then Ahe could be one of the dive spot to go to..

regards

I am going back to Ahe again in November.

I'm going there to Cenderawashih Bay in November too. Maybe we'll see each other? But I'll be on the MV Black Manta.

Have you been to Oslob? in Cebu. They also do the same thing there - feeding the whale sharks. You can see plenty of whale sharks there too. I went there in May and its like going to a whale shark zoo.

But is it worth traveling all the way there to West Papua for the experience of seeing the whale sharks? I guess if you see the dolphins etc.. that would add extra cream to the pie.

Hi,

Does anyone have an email address or website for Ahé?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom