Aggressor Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the way i did it was to schedule two days after the liveaboard, one for luxor and one for cairo. did a multileg ticket to fly into hurghada, do the liveaboard, private car transfer to luxor for one day (temple of hatshepsut, valley of the kings, and karnak temple), luxor to cairo one way, then egyptian museum and giza (pyramids/sphinx) then fly home from cairo instead. cost was roughly 350ish extra to check off the major stuff i wanted to do on the tourist list.

Im thinking about doing something very similar, what tour company did you use and what times did you organize for the drive to luxor and local flights to make it work? Thanks

when i went, there were so few tourists none of the tours were operating. the boat captain from emperor fleet called up like his cousin who agreed to drive me to luxor then drove me around for the day. after i got to cairo, i just flagged a taxi that i haggled a flat rate to drive me to the egyptian museum then giza. would recommend you do giza first in the morning when it is cooler. the boat arrived back on saturday morning, so i was able to get to luxor before noon. one way to cairo was the next morning, lots of reasonably cheap hotels in luxor. flight back to SF was in the afternoon and it arrived late at night.

Not sure what boat you are using but Aggressor set up all of my tours and when doing the math with local prices it was totally reasonable.

If you take taxis in Egypt i highly recommend using Uber. Better, prices, no haggling and you have the contact info of the driver just in case.

Not sure what boat you are using but Aggressor set up all of my tours and when doing the math with local prices it was totally reasonable.

If you take taxis in Egypt i highly recommend using Uber. Better, prices, no haggling and you have the contact info of the driver just in case.

I did end up booking the RSA, cairo and luxor are about 550 usd each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom