Afternoon Diving in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, there were a couple of larger surges by where we are staying in Kaanapali and the night dive had to be canceled. My wife, however, talked me into making some calls the night that we got in and we were able to schedule for the following morning (the only morning I had available). We ended up going out with Scuba Shack.

Owner Charley Neal was the captain for the day. He has a great personality and was alot of fun to have with. The other staff was very personable as well. Charley runs a top notch outfit. Everything proceeded along like a well oiled machine. We met at the Kihei Boat Ramp before the sun had shed it's first rays of light. He had coffee, hot chocolate, and rolls waiting. There was a full array of new 5mm wet suits ready to go. We brought our other gear with. We dove with Jim Dingman. My wife was slightly under weighted during the first dive. Jim was very quick to transfer some of the extra weight that he had with to my wife in less then a minute, and off we went to dive.

We dove Molokini, and the Saint Anthony wreck. It was quite a feeling to slowly glide several feet over a couple of turtles that were resting on the bottom of the inside of the Saint Anthony.

We would definitely like to return to Maui in the future. The next time we return, we will bring along our children. I would definitely hook up with Scuba Shack again.

-Mark

Back
Top Bottom