After my reg set arrives, I'll FINALLY have *all* my gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

("All" being a relative term of course)

Congrats on completing the package. We all remember that feeling and how happy we were, like you are.

The problem with diving is: The more you do it the more the conditions change, and the more your gear has to change to accommodate those conditions. Maybe the water is colder or warmer and you will need a different wet suit or maybe a drysuit. Or maybe you want to go spearfishing and will need a gun, game bag, etc. If you dive for 5 or more years then your garage or spare room is going to look like ours.

I'm packing for a week of cave diving in FL next week and my check-off list has over 200 items on it. Whew, that's a lot of gear! But there are reels, scooter, line arrows, stuff for the rebreather, hangers for the gear to dry on, and the list goes on, including backups.

The consolation prize is that you will enjoy what you're doing and won't mind picking up this or that during the year. Just do yourself a favor and get the very best gear you can afford, as it will last much longer and will take care of you when the going gets hairy.

Anyway, enjoy your new gear and hope you can keep it as wet as you can, and as often as you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom