After DirF: Cave 1 or Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOXA:
As a DIR fundi I want to take the next step, but I can't make up my mind: Tech 1 or Cave 1.

Cave 1 is very interesting but where I dive (the Netherlands) there are no caves and always cave diving during my holidays is no option (if I want to stay married).

Tech 1 might pose a problem too. The water around here is not that deep, usually around 30 metres. At that depth there is a lot of sand and nothing more. However, once in a while I dive the North Sea and at 30 metres there are wrecks arond. So I can practise these skills.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thnx,
D.

Having lived in NL, I know what you mean.... depending on what type of diving you will do most, my suggestion would be to go with the training that fits that most. Both Cave and Tech have their place and benefits relative to the environment you would dive most.

I personally would go with Tech 1 in NL first and possibly cave later (for the opportunities where the attraction of a hole in the wall/ground is bigger than the risk of marriage :D )

I went the other way now living in FL.......... so take it as it comes and invest time and money wisely

boomx5:
I opted for Tech1 since it's what I would get more use out of. I will take Cave1, but I use my Tech1 training just about every dive so it was a good choice for me. Also, you don't need to go deep to do a "Tech1" dive. We do a lot of dives that are in the 100' range but we may stay for 45-50 minutes just exploring new spots that we've never seen before. Remember, it's not just about the depth, but the Tech1 class will just add a whole new set of tools that you can use in your diving....even in the recreational ranges. :)

So just being in deco is enough to become a tech 1 dive?

D.

DOXA:
So just being in deco is enough to become a tech 1 dive?

D.
I would certainly think so... *planned* deco at least. It's a pretty terrible idea to be going into deco at all with no deco training.

DOXA:
Thnx guys for making up my mind. Now it´s only a mather of saving some money...

Not to bring up the almighty dollar but, what does the DIR-F and Tech 1 cost about? There are a few sites around home with attractions that are in the 130-150ffw range and I am courious what it takes to do that? Could do "deep Air" but that would not be my first choice. I have heard that Deep Air is for suckers. Not to mention it is so short unless you go into deco.

My appologies if this is like swearing in church I honestly would like to know. I am sure it is worth every penny, just want to know how many it takes. :D

UnixSage:
Not to bring up the almighty dollar but, what does the DIR-F and Tech 1 cost about? There are a few sites around home with attractions that are in the 130-150ffw range and I am courious what it takes to do that? Could do "deep Air" but that would not be my first choice. I have heard that Deep Air is for suckers. Not to mention it is so short unless you go into deco.

My appologies if this is like swearing in church I honestly would like to know. I am sure it is worth every penny, just want to know how many it takes. :D

The DIR-F class is approx $350.00, and the Tech 1 class is about $600 plus gas, if I remember correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

detroit diver:
The DIR-F class is approx $350.00, and the Tech 1 class is about $600 plus gas, if I remember correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Here in Croatia (probably similar in the rest of Europe) DIR-F is approx $400, and Tech-1 is approx $900 plus gas.

MonkSeal:
Here in Croatia (probably similar in the rest of Europe) DIR-F is approx $400, and Tech-1 is approx $900 plus gas.

450 (in euro's) here in the Netherlands.

DOXA:
450 (in euro's) here in the Netherlands.
1. DIR-F or Tech-1?
2. With the instructor expenses or without?
3. Gas included or not?

MonkSeal:
1. DIR-F or Tech-1?
2. With the instructor expenses or without?
3. Gas included or not?
Since you seem to have all the data please share with us at what ever granular level you have. I should be able to add them for my self.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom