Aeris Velocity fins size and review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a small observation that may help others shop.

Aeris Velocity full pocket fins run big!

My wife has a size 7 US foot and normally wears 5-6 fins (Sherwood, Mares,US Divers)
She had to go with the XL Small 3-4 size.

I wear size 10.5-11 US. I have comfortably worn size 9-10 fins in the past but the Aeris are still a little loose but I don't know if it is enough to drop down another size.

We bought full pocket fins for Air travel vacations to warm water destinations. (New weight limits you know)
I Love the action of these fins. My wife and I feel that less effort is used reducing leg and foot fatigue, you get much less (none) side to side wobble, and I noticed that I had to kick far fewer kick cycles than the split fin divers in our group.In high current conditions I was still getting the power that I needed out of the fin. A lot of the fins that brag about reduced fatique and effort can let you down in this area. I think My Dacor Pursuits and US. Diver Compros are getting kicked to the curb for a pair of Open Heel Aeris. I just wish I had purchased them in Florida City for $49.00 when I was there. Everyone up here wants $79 and up.

My wife was so impressed that she gave her Sherwood Fins away to a random stranger on a snorkeling boat out of Largo.

My wife and I each dive the Velocity fins in the open heel configuration. I have 2 pairs, on sized for my wet booties and the other for my drysuit. They seem to be a nice compromise of power, pressure relief and stiffness for the sake of precision. We got started with them based on a very favorable Scubalab test in 2004.

I did try a pair or Atomic splits and found them loosey goosey. Other than that my only data point is my old plastic full foor "board" fins.

LDS want $85 or $89 for open heel, $54 at Leisure Pro.

I did add home made spring straps with integrated fin keepers that let us clip them off to our BCs.

Pete

Interesting - I found mine too small. This is what forced me to switch over to Jet Fins finally ... If they had fit I would have really liked them for snorkeling though.

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom