Aeris Elite Hoseless Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boyerk77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking at the Aeris Elite Hoseless Wrist Computer.... does anyone have one. Wondering how reliable they are. I have read a few reviews that say they are good for the functions and the price however they do lose signal sometimes. If anyone has any info i would appreciate it!!
thanks

The only way a B&G spg could loose signal is if you cut the HP hose in half? So, you want to replace that with a wireless transmitter with batteries, sounds like a plan.

N

Looking at the Aeris Elite Hoseless Wrist Computer.... does anyone have one. Wondering how reliable they are. I have read a few reviews that say they are good for the functions and the price however they do lose signal sometimes. If anyone has any info i would appreciate it!!
thanks

I have the Oceanic VT3 version, same unit-different name - to this day (owned it for 2-3 years now) I have only had 2 signal losses under water - both times when I strike up my 21W HID on the same arm as the computer - if I remember to do it away from the computer no problems.

A lot of people will give you answers and comments like above, take them and remember that you are replacing a very reliable piece, that is fully "mechanical" with something that is electronic - that can potentially have failures. On the other hand, they are reliable and should/can be used primarily to tell you the pressure in your tanks. If you are skeptical and un-trusting of the unit, you can always add an old fashioned SPG for backup, never hurts.

My wife and I have the Oceanic VT3 computers, which are basically the same computer with a different screen layout. We have not had the computers for very long, but I am happy with them so far. The computer screen is large, which makes it really easy to read. This is the first air integrated computer that I have used and it is a nice feature. It is really convenient to have all of you information in one place.

The transmitter begins sending out a sigal as soon at the tank is turned on. I believe that the range of the transmitter is 6 feet. While gearing up, I have occasionally noticed that the computer has not recognized the signal, but the signal has been picked up by the computer shortly after donning the BCD and tank. You can also prompt the computer to search for a signal from the transmitter if necesary, I have done that a couple times to sync the transmitter and receiver after mounting the BCD/tank.

I have not noticed the computer losing signal yet during a dive. The computer verifies communication with the transmitter regularly, and if it loses signal, it will begin searching for the signal. I am sure that the compters do lose signal occasionally and that is an issue that you should be aware of. I regularly check my gauges and also carry a brass and glass spg just in case the computer loses the signal and cannot re-aquire it.

As with all equipment, things break and malfunction. I have had a mechanical spg fill with water and crap out during a dive, so the threat of losing signal to the tank transmitter does not terrify me. I know approximately what my pressure is at all times, and I dive conservatively. If I no longer have a working pressure gauge, I will end the dive.

The Oceanic VT3 is a nice computer, and you should be able to find a good deal of information on it here if you do a search.

Good luck.

Ryan

The Elite is NOT the same at the VT3. The Elite T3 is the same as the VT3. The Elite is the same as the VT Pro.

The difference is quite substantial. The 3-transmitter versions (Elite T3 and VT3) use the new cable and protocol. The VT Pro and Elite are single gas/single transmitter computers and use the older cable.

I also have the VT3 and while it does occassionally loose link. And it has NEVER caused concern or an issues under water. I love my VT3, it has a big enough screen to see underwater and big enough buttons to use even with clunky drysuit gloves. I love the ability to gas switch and monitor multiple tanks during a single dive. Add the ability to switch to gauge mode and it does everything I need it to for now.

The only way a B&G spg could loose signal is if you cut the HP hose in half? So, you want to replace that with a wireless transmitter with batteries, sounds like a plan.

Well, ACTUALLY, having a loseless integrated AI computer means that you can continue to use a B&G spg as a backup. This allows for on-wrist access AND redundancy on your console. And redundancy with life support gear is very much a good idea.

Kinda DOES sound like a plan, doesn't it?

:rofl3:

thanks

I have had my Aeris Elite Hoseless computer for just under a year and have nothing but positive things to say about it. I still keep an SPG attached to my first stage as a matter of redundancy. This is an option if you have a 1st stage that has 2 HP ports. It is very nice to be able to look at your wrist and get all of the critical information that you need at a glance. I enjoyed it so much that I got the Aeris HUD mask which is even better. Specifically to your OP, the wrist computer is a worthwhile investment. If the watch and transmitter become separated, then you may lose the signal. Just put the watch near the transmitter for a few secs and it will come back. If the signal is lost, then the last pressure reading will flash to let you know. I place my transmitter on the right side of the 1st stage (my right when wearing my gear) because the watch is on my right wrist. That helps to keep the signal. It took me a minute to understand how to operate the button configurations to cycle through all of the screens, but once I learned it, I really liked it. I think you'll be happy with the computer if you chose to get it.

my husband has the Elite T3 and loves it. has had no problems. i dive with the Aeris XR2......same algorithm.........i just wanted simple wrist computer. works great for us.

Thanks you all so much for your feedback. I purchased the Elite V3 and think I will be very happy once I figure out how to work everything!!

Back
Top Bottom