Aeris BC washer needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMTtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Aeris Contour BC for which I somehow misplaced the washer that fits into the nut that screws the corrugated inflator hose onto the shoulder of the BC. I've contact Aeris, and they say they don't sell the washers as a separate item but only as part of an annual service kit, and the only way to get the kit is to contact an Aeris dealer (there's none in my immediate area).

Considering that I'm leaving on a dive vacation in two weeks (and BTW I had contacted Aeris via e-mail from the website three times about this, starting in late summer, and received NO response, which is why I finally called today to get the information above), is there ANYONE who will sell me a couple of washers so that I can dive with my gear? :depressed:

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Thanks Sean - I had scoured Leisure Pro and several other online dive retailers when I first had the problem. Though they sell all sorts of parts (including a complete replacement valve), they don't sell the gaskets (which I now know is what the repair shops call the large washers).

Fortunately I contacted the dive shop/op I use in Fort Lauderdale, Sea Experience (the BEST!!) and Captain Mark is going to pick up a couple of gaskets for me between now and when I come down, so though I'm waiting to hear he's actually scored the part, I think my problem is solved!! :biggrin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom