Aeris Atmos AI vs. Sherwood Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medgl01

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I'm considering between two air-integrated computers: the Aeris Atmos AI and the Sherwood Wisdom. They both have a lot of the same features and I think are both made by Pelagic. Can anyone who has tried either of them tell me the differences and their likes/dislikes? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

My Aeris Atmos AI stopped working on me today. I have no clue why and it just started working for me a little while ago. This scares me. Good luck.

My boyfriend was choosing also between the Atmos AI and the Sherwood. He ended up going with the Sherwood Wisdom because I was getting the Atmos II and we wanted to try both brands. No other particular reason. They were both really nice and had same features. We couldnt find any bad reviews on either model. He really likes it, but as we are both novice divers, we dont know any better.

I have a Wisdom and like it as lot. So do a lot of other people apparently as it is the most popular AI computer sold by the LDS.

The display is large and easy to read and the whole thing is quite intuitive and easy to use so the learning curve is not very steep. The two button interface is also easy to use topside or underwater and is much better than having to lick contacts.

It has numerous alarms that can all be turned off if desired and is nitrox capable from 21 to 50%. The max PO2 is adjustable from 1.2 to 1.6.

The download kit is ok (it could be better but this is more of an idustry complaint than anything leveled specifically at Sherwood). It uses a very reliable and fast USB connection which I prefer to infared on a dive computer. The Wisdom is also available with an a compass module and a quick disconnect. The Wisdom is available with the D/L kit, compass and QD in a very nice package deal.

As you pointed out... basically the same, but the download software and cable is cheaper on the Aeris, and I like the fact that the biggest number is my remaining time... On the Wisdom the biggest number is the air. I also like the way the Aeris is at a slight angle. It makes it easier to read without uncliping from the clip I use with it...

But I don't think you'll go wrong with either...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom