New dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found that Shearwater Perdix ai comes highly recommended. However, I do not intend to go tec.
I would get a Ratio iX3M Pro Easy. Virtually the identical computer as a Perdix (more advanced) but it only has 3 dive modes Air, Nitrox and gauge. Ratio Dive Computers - iX3M [Pro] Easy

The Ratio doesn't have seperate air/nitrox. They have Scuba mode and you just select your gasses, free dive and gauge mode.

I dive the watch style iDive Color and really like it. The prices at the moment are unbeatable. Go to their main website and order rather than through a dealer, at the moment.

The computers are priced well considering the feature set but the transmitters are pricey - €299, and no availability until June at the earliest. I couldn’t resist the i770R and ordered one, hope I get a chance to dive it soon.

Shearwater do a hosed computer?

That’s just a Peregrine in a console, with no air integration, unless I’m missing something?

That’s just a Peregrine in a console, with no air integration, unless I’m missing something?
You’re not, that’s all it is.

I have found that Shearwater Perdix ai comes highly recommended. However, I do not intend to go tec. And the $300 price difference I received on the i770r was definitely nice. I know normally the Perdix ai and i770r are similarly priced. Already owning 3 MH8A transmitters negated that additional cost as they work with both DCs. Another factor for me was the lack of a Shearwater qd ai DC as a backup option. I would love to see an ai model of the peregrine. Also a qd hose connection version for backup. I would go for a dual peregrine setup. One with hose one without. I know I can avoid all that with an spg. I like the backup computer to continue the dive and reap the benefits of calculated gas consumption.
I think Aqualung computers do a better job at air time calculation than Shearwater. The Shearwater stops showing air time as soon as you go into deco. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just like the idea of a backup dive computer that works if the transmitter goes out while still providing me the same benefits as the wrist computer as opposed to just an spg. I consider myself to be a new diver. I only have 12 dives. So, all input and opinions are highly appreciated. Do I not even need to worry about a backup to my wrist DC? Should I just carry a save a dive kit to get the transmitter back up and running and abort a dive to repair and then get back to diving? Thoughts?
Being known as a cheapskate, what I do when I upgrade is use my old computer as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom