Aeris AT400 vs. AT600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skybadiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know the difference? From a technical perspective, the AT600 apparently doesn't have the DVT (Dry Valve Technology). That's the only difference I can find looking at the spec sheet. If anyone has any practical experience breathing on both, I'd like to get your thoughts.

Thanks!​

I had an AT400, I sold if because I did not like the second stage as it was oversensitive even when dialled in, literally pushing the gas in the mouth, it was also free flowing in cold water quite often. Even after it was down tuned.

elan - Which second stage were you using? ION? ION Pro?

That's a good question. The reg was called AT 400 Pro DVT, So I think the second stage was just a Pro, At least I have found this name on their website, The reg was circa 2008

If you dive warm water it's a nice reg, it is very easy to breath, but I'm not sure how it behaves deeper than 120 ft, I think this is the max I have dived it to.

So far, I love my Aeris Ion. I've only breathed on a handful of assorted rentals, mostly Sherwood offerings like the Brut and Magnum, but it's been the most comfortable reg I've used to date. Breathing on it is effortless, and I'll second elan's post in that it can be too open if you lower the resistance all the way, but it's no problem once you adjust it back down. I've been down to around 135' with it in 46 degree water and haven't had any problems out of it.

Back
Top Bottom