Aeris A300, a first computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There has been extensive discussion on SB regarding purchasing of a first computer. I received an email from Amazon this morning advertising the Aeris A300 for $199. This would make a fine 1st computer. It is the same as the Oceanic Veo 3, including dual algorithm, DSAT and PZ+. The Veo 3 seems to be going for about $350.

Obviously, the Aeris brand was folded into the Oceanic brand by American Underwater Products. I have heard than Oceanic honors the warranty for Aeris products and have no reason to believe that would not be true. Of course, it could easily be confirmed.

Picked up one for a DM in Cozumel last October, he uses it every day and likes it.
As it stands currently I think it is the most 'Bang for the buck' going. Perhaps when Deep 6 Gear release its unit it may lose that title but until then it would be my #1 choice for value.

Last edited:
Picked up one for a DM in Cozumel last October, he uses it every day and likes it.
As it stands currently I think it is the most 'Bang for the buck' going. Perhaps when Deep 6 Gear release its unit it may lose that title but until then it would be my #1 choice for value.

It will depend on how the Buhlmann ZHL-16C option is implemented. I have a feeling they will have some number of preset combos of GF lo/GF hi to choose from rather than custom GFs. If they have something like Shearwater's low conservatism, 45/95, that could work. The RGBM option will likely be quite conservative.

I bought an A300 last year for $200 to replace my 12 year old Aeris Atmos II. The A300 is a very good nitrox computer at a great price. BTW, the divecomputertraining.com course for the A300 is recommended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom