aeris 500 ai sound too soft (?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacek

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I dove last weekend with the aeris ai 500 for the first time.. I had the sound on and decided to test it.. purposely I set a few alarms off but I did not hear anything.. I know the alarms went off because a couple of things were flashing on the console (the things that were supposed to be flashing of course).. on the surface when the computer boots up I can hear a single beep but it's very soft.. I was diving wearing a 7mm suit with a hood.. does this seem normal or maybe my computer is defective? thanks

Jacek,

I also dive the 500 AI and noticed the faint alarm sounds right off. I don't dive with a hood and if there is even the slightest background noise, I can barely hear the beeps. Seems to be a weak point on this computer.

Another strange thing has been happening to it as well. Lately, somewhere during a dive, the computer resets itself and only displays tank pressure and depth. Happens only occasionally and at random. Swaped in a new battery thinking it maybe a low batt or voltage problem, though the computer did not display a low batt icon. Still had it happen again last week after the battery swap. Hmmm, have you or anyone else diving the 500 AI seen or heard of this random problem occuring?

SeaHunt

I realized after first reading your message that my previous 2 dives, (the first 2 with my new Aeris 500AI) that I didn't recall hearing the alarm sounds.

But on my last dive I did hear the alarms. Although I'm not sure if I was just trying to be more aware of it or it actually did not go off on the previous dives.

Does anybody have the downloader? I have recently purchased and downloaded my dives but the computer still has the dives logged. Can they be deleted?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom