Aeries Elite T3- HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba1456

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
help please....

i have a Aeris T3 its got about 150 dives on it. I went to Bonaire in Feb. work with out an issue. I am right now in Cozumel and it powers on ... sort a.... when ito powers on it goes thru the normal check count down and then flashes CAL for a few seconds then CKSM then it powers off.....

I have looked at my manual and the newer one on line and no mention of these two codes..... any ideas.... I have tried taking the battery out and reinserting...... taking the battery out for an hour and reinserting... nothing.......i am going to leave the battery out for a while, like 24 hours and see. but i think i need help

jim

help please....

i have a Aeris T3 its got about 150 dives on it. I went to Bonaire in Feb. work with out an issue. I am right now in Cozumel and it powers on ... sort a.... when ito powers on it goes thru the normal check count down and then flashes CAL for a few seconds then CKSM then it powers off.....

I have looked at my manual and the newer one on line and no mention of these two codes..... any ideas.... I have tried taking the battery out and reinserting...... taking the battery out for an hour and reinserting... nothing.......i am going to leave the battery out for a while, like 24 hours and see. but i think i need help

jim

My guess is that cal is some variant of "calibrate" and CKSM is some variant of "checksum." You may want to ask this in the manufacturer's forum. It sounds like a problem that needs to be addressed at the factory level.
I've had my T3 for 9 years or so and have never seen those codes come up.

help please....

jim

Hi Jim,

Let me say that I am 87% joking when I say this:

The best way to fix your Aeris product is to throw it away and purchase something new. Perhaps a Demo unit, TUSA Zen Air Integrated computer system for only $599...... :wink:

Seriously though, if your computer is acting up like that, AUP has a pretty great warranty / service program for their computers. If not covered by warranty, you can generally have them do a factory service on the computer for $100 or so that basically puts you in a brand new computer. I would give them a call....

AERIS : The Adventure Begins

Hi Jim,

Let me say that I am 87% joking when I say this:

The best way to fix your Aeris product is to throw it away and purchase something new. Perhaps a Demo unit, TUSA Zen Air Integrated computer system for only $599...... :wink:

Seriously though, if your computer is acting up like that, AUP has a pretty great warranty / service program for their computers. If not covered by warranty, you can generally have them do a factory service on the computer for $100 or so that basically puts you in a brand new computer. I would give them a call....

AERIS : The Adventure Begins

Well I kind of agree with the joke part of the post. I will send it in when I get home. The dive shop was nice enough to loan me a spare cobra. So I am ok for this trip but.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom