Advise for diving in Anilao during July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also recommend Dive & Trek Anilao. Seperate fixed rate for Divers/Non-divers. Rate includes unlimited air, one night accommodation, and 4 meals plus snacks. The food is excellent and plentiful and their staff is great.

I dive there regularly with my group while the girls snorkel all day. Lots of good coral, fish, and giant clams around, especially in the closed off Sanctuary. Boats are available (extra charge) to reach further dive sites.

Only potential issue is the condition of the rooms. The rooms are ok by PH standards, but certainly showing their age. I don't have a problem with that though as long as the restroom works and the bed is comfortable enough; I am there to dive and socialize, not hole up in a hotel room. (Maybe worth mentioning, the water supply to the rooms is fresh water, not salt water like some of the establishments around)

Either way, Have fun!

Smurf-

Regarding Shore vs Boat dives in Anilao, that really depends on where you are along the shoreline. I find Dive & Trek has great shore diving all the way to 40m if you wish. Towards the northern portion (around Portulano) the shore diving can be a little "repetitive?". So, shore dives can be great there, just sort of depends....

There are many many great Boat Dive sites around as well. Often times you can arrange to share a boat with another group or individuals. Of course that depends on how many guests are there to share with, but should help keep costs down.

I've always used CBR so I can't comment on other dive ops, but given the isolation of this area you are only going to be able to shore dive where you stay and that's it. You will need a boat to access other areas as well as over on Maricaban Island which has some good dive sites.

Back
Top Bottom