Advice requested on itinerary - 1 week Cebu ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you'd be able to get a boat at that time...i've always had to make special arrangements to get there after dark, and that was always before 10 pm. If you go on your own, and it's day time, there are always people/boats there to take you over...i can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't much...if you want to transfer off hours I'd ask whoever you wind up booking accommodation with for input

Thanks all for your help, REALLY appreciate it!
Trip booked (will travel during day time to Malapascua).
Will follow up with dive report after visiting in April, assuming you / future readers may be interested :)
Cheers, Ward

Thanks all for your help, REALLY appreciate it!
Trip booked (will travel during day time to Malapascua).
Will follow up with dive report after visiting in April, assuming you / future readers may be interested :)
Cheers, Ward
You are not travelling during Easter(Holy week) holiday, are you?
Travelling will be slow and buses, ferries are overloaded.

Good to know, my week 'll start on Good Friday (6 April)... I guess I'll be in the midst of slow travel?

You are not travelling during Easter(Holy week) holiday, are you?
Travelling will be slow and buses, ferries are overloaded.

Manila airport gives much better exchange rate than its Cebu counterpart.
There is no forex facility in Malapascua.

Thanks Centrals, but 1 day for the whale shark viewing will have to do as all hotels in Tanawan, Oslob seem to be full. Anyway, a 3 hr busride at 4 am doesn't scare me. I'm more concerned about getting back.

However, if anyone knows a driver that will give me a private ride (paid of course) and back from Cebu City, I am more than interested, so please Send me a private message or post here!

Cheers, Ward

I have a driver I used several times in Cebu (Ferdie +639163868866). If he can not drive you himselve, I am sure he can arrange it. May not be the cheapest option, but he is convient to have. I will be in Malapascua April 28th to May 6th.

Manila airport gives much better exchange rate than its Cebu counterpart.
There is no forex facility in Malapascua.
I have found the best way to acquire foreign currency, is just to take money out of the ATm. Thee fees there are usually much less than what you get charged to exchange money anywhere outside of a bank. If you check with your bank there are usually certain banks that you can take money out of free of charge. I travel non stop and regularly have 3 or 4 currencies on me, but I never try to exchange as the percentage is usually way too much. In cebu, they would pay more money for Hong Kong dollars than they would for Chinese Yuan (Chinese Yuan is worth 20% more). In Mabul, they were offfering less Malaysian Ringgits for USD than they were for Singapore dollars. (USD are worth 30% more).

If I only had 1 week to dive in Cebu:

Saturday: Mactan
1st dive: Nasuluan
2nd dive: Nasuluan
3rd dive: Hilutungan

Sunday: Mactan
1st dive: Marigondon Cave
2nd dive: Talima
3rd dive: Tingo Point

Monday: Oslob / Moalboal
1st dive: Oslob Whale Sharks
2nd dive: Pamagsama Shore dive
3rd dive: Pamagsama Shore dive

Tuesday: Moalboal
No Dive
Go to Kawasan Falls

Wednesday: Moalboal
1st dive: Pescador Island
2nd dive: Tuble Reef - Kasai Point
3rd dive: Pamagsama Shore dive

Thursday: Moalboal
1st dive: Pescador Island
2nd dive Sunkin Island
3rd dive: Pamagsama shore dive

Friday: Cebu City
No diving
Travel back to Cebu City

Sorry for the hijack, good info all around.

Don Cebu, where would be the best place to stay and dive op to use for Oslob/Pamagsama, for 1 day/night?

Sorry for the hijack, good info all around.

Don Cebu, where would be the best place to stay and dive op to use for Oslob/Pamagsama, for 1 day/night?

Well for me it is different because I have my own car and gear.... But I have done both

1: Leave the city at 3:00 a.m., drive to Oslob and be in the water by 6:00 a.m.
( I bring my own tanks and gear so it is different for me, as of now I am not sure if there is a dive operator in Oslob, but they are moving really fast and I would expect someone is setting up one now to cash in on the Whale Shark gold rush )
After Lunch, drive to Moalboal stay at the Pacifico Lodge and dive with Nelson's.

2: Go to Carcar for the day and visit old historic houses and take pictures.
Stay at: RL Apartments in Carcar. Wake up at 4:30 am and be in the water by 6:00 a.m.
After Lunch drive to Moalboal stay at the Pacifico Lodge and dive with Nelson's.

I am not sure what the going rates are for taxi's or what dive operators are charging to go to Oslob... but I am curious and I hope some people will post about their experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom