Advice on selling used regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and a long time diver. I want to sell some equipment I’ve accumulated over the years including some regulators. I started to list them on Ebay but am having second thoughts.

I think Lloyd has pretty much hit it on the head.

You can verify if they're working by putting them on a tank but they should be sold with a written disclaimer that they are being sold "as is" and that they have not been serviced since X date and are therefore overdue for servicing.

That may not stop stupid people from being stupid but at least you've made it clear what the buyer is buying and covered your butt.

R..

Sell them with a "recommend to get serviced upon receipt".

Personally, I'd always want to have 2nd-hand regulators serviced anyway. I'd not trust any regs that came through the post.

Agree with don't have serviced, but hook them up to a tank. If they are working fine, state so in your add. If you are not hard up for the money/space in your closet wait until next spring/summer you'll get better prices. eBay only has a small fee to pick the date and time to begin the listing, so sell on a day in the middle of the week at approx 8 pm Pacific time so you'll have maximum exposure......that's enough secrets for selling; however, the best advice I have is to send your MK 10/G250 & G200 to Dr. rsingler for service and keep those regulators for diving OR join us in the DIY section and learn to service them yourself.

Agree with don't have serviced, but hook them up to a tank. If they are working fine, state so in your add. If you are not hard up for the money/space in your closet wait until next spring/summer you'll get better prices. eBay only has a small fee to pick the date and time to begin the listing, so sell on a day in the middle of the week at approx 8 pm Pacific time so you'll have maximum exposure......that's enough secrets for selling; however, the best advice I have is to send your MK 10/G250 & G200 to Dr. rsingler for service and keep those regulators for diving OR join us in the DIY section and learn to service them yourself.

I hooked up all the regulators to a tank (only 800 psi) and all of them seem to be working fine except for the MK10 and MK200 first stages are both leaking air. I am not in that big a hurry to list them so I think I will join the DIY section and see what I can find out.

Thanks for the tip. I can post attachments in the classifieds but not here. I decided to put the Dacor in the classified forum. I will probably go ahead and list all of them there when it get time.

If I an not mistaken you need to have a minimum amount of posts (10?) in order to attach photos in a forum. That is probably what the problem is.

Thanks for all the help. I can do attachments now.

I decided go ahead and put three regulators on Ebay next week. After reading through the DIY threads about SP MK10 maintenance, I decided I would try installing an annual service kit. I already have most of the tools, my father was a machinist and I inherited some tools and just enough knowledge to get into trouble. If it doesn’t work out I will send a box of parts to Dr rsingler.

I rigged up an IP gauge and checked the three regulators I am selling.

Calypso IP110
Dacor 900 IP160
US Diver Pro Diver IP158

I doubt the gauge was accurate but they obviously need some work. They would probably be good for someone doing their own service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom