advice on pony bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now i remember why i never liked Math
I like math fine, but working with Liters measured compressed vs CF measured in what they would be expanded is a bit much. Saspotato is bilingual: he's used to working with feet, meters, CF, liters, etc. I never will be.

I like math fine, but working with Liters measured compressed vs CF measured in what they would be expanded is a bit much. Saspotato is bilingual: he's used to working with feet, meters, CF, liters, etc. I never will be.

I'm a she.

If it was hard to translate between units then I could see why people don't bother. But it is literally one google query per conversion. I am only familiar with imperial because I bother to do so, but so many posters here do not, especially when it is metric used. Which is fine, but yea comments from Hatul, who doesn't understand metric, saying that one method is better (theirs) is a bit grating.

well I have to say I personally dont think one is better then the other they each do the same thing just in a differnt way. We like what were used to and what we know.

I guess it's what you're brought up with, but I'm with Saspotato on this one. I know both metric and imperial but only because some parts of the world insist on using an antiquated and obsolete unit of measure! :mooner:

Seriously, in my experience, metric is always easier to use especially when it comes to mental arithmetic.

Regarding our tank measurement discrepancy, at what pressure is the cuft measurement made? 3000psi?
What happens if you fill less than that?
Tell me, how much gas does your 100cuft have with 1500psi in it?

Metric measurement is easy, it's always the same Tank volume in litres X Tank pressure.
We can easily work out how many litres of expanded gas we have for any given pressure.

BTW It's LITRES!!! :eyebrow::eyebrow:

some parts of the world insist on using an antiquated and obsolete unit of measure! :mooner:

Wait, I know the answer to this one without looking it up.

What are "The United States of America and Liberia?"

I'm a she.
Okeee dokeee, couldn't tell from the avatar, soreee.
Wait, I know the answer to this one without looking it up.

What are "The United States of America and Liberia?"
Well, there is/was one more, but I don't know about the new regime...?

f52krb.jpg

Great... Metric vs Imprial... :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom