Advice on getting dry and changing where there are no cubicles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm liking the surf-fur for walking my dog in the winter! Add galoshes and I'm in good shape! The dog must go out when it's raining, snowing or sleeting - and that seems to be when he has the most fun!

Of course the cheap way is to change later but prevent the wet patch on the car seat that the OP mentioned by sitting on a large plastic trash bag.

When I was kid in summer camp, if there were no changing rooms, someone would hold a massive beach towel in a corner and you'd just change behind it. Always an idea.

lots if differenat ways to do it, with a two piece suimsuit a t-shirt on will let you take off the top then a towel around your waist will take care of the rest
of course if you don't mind topless that makes it even easier
towels on the front door windows will provide privacy too
one of those wrap towels, that look like a tube with elastic at the top is cheap too
or just put a big piece of plastic on the car seat and have a towel wrapped around you

it all depends on circumstances

Another easy way to do this is sew two large beach towels together to make a poncho of sorts.

I usually wear a one-piece swim suit. I only change out when diving for abalone, because it's so cold. I drop my suit straps down, pull on my long t- shirt, and then pull the suit down to my hips. Wrap a beach towel around my bottom, slip off the suit, dry myself, and pull my sweatpants on. Very easy to do right on the beach.

Personally... If I ever dive in a swimsuit, it is hot enough for it to dry long before I need to put my clothes on. For any other times, I am in a drysuit... Solves a whole lotta problems :D

Take a night shirt with you put it on ...take the suit off and put your clothes back on underneith. Dont know a girl who hasnt done that at least once. If yuo were in cave country you probably would not care. But then again no one else there would either.

This is all quite a bit more difficult on a large day boat. I have a grossly oversized Chammy hoodie. Ive used that like a tent.

Back
Top Bottom