Advice on getting dry and changing where there are no cubicles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Npallasi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I'd like to know how female divers get dry or change out of swimsuits where there are no shower or toilet cubicles, and when men are around (non-divers hang out there too). I don't want to leave a wet patch on the car seat, and it's not my car either.

Yes guys, it is different for women. And not just the stripping down but the trying to get various undies back on with a slightly damp body. I like the idea of the towel poncho first suggested above. What I've been using for a number of years is a much oversized hooded Chammyz kangaroo jacket. I pull myself inside as if I'm in my own little tent whilst anyone that cares too looks on amused or baffled at all the struggling inside.

Another vote for the surf fur. They are cut really big. A large is enough for me to.pull my arms inside, towel off, and slip on whatever I need to. Damn near big enough to put a shelf in. I'm 5'7" & 170. My gf has a medium and she's very petite. She could have gotten away with a small I think. Only downside is with the hood up you look like a Sith Lord from Star Wars. But that may be a good thing as the fear of the darkside will keep pervs from trying to take a peek.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I am a woman. I use the Surf Fur. It is superior to other brands I have tried in terms of keeping me warm in the wind. I love the hood, but am a darklord. I often use it between dives in the Florida winter on deck. It is big enough to go over my 7 mm full wetsuit, and has great slits on the sides for changing out of my bathing suit and into dry clothing. I have used it right on deck in front of people more than once. I highly recommend it. A size small is plenty of room for a 5'3, 135 lb woman.

Dark tinted windows on your vehicle. Move the front seat all the way forward,change in the back. Those surf parkas are really nerdy.

Sounds like the surf fur is the way to go. Thanks guys. Now to find one in 24 hours. :p

Nerdy? Sure thing. Glad you noticed! :p

Edit: I can probably create my own temporary surf fur by joining 4 or 5 large towels together using safety pins!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom