Advice on Diving the KEYS ( charter, hotels, sites)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dove with the following: all good.

Florida Keys Diving with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida does a double dip on the Spiegle Grove: this wreck is so big that you need two dives just to get a feel for it.

CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS " COME SEE WHY WE'RE NOT JUST ANOTHER DIVE SHOP" a little south of the other ops. Goes to some reefs that other ops don't tend to frequent.

Quiescence Diving Services , Inc., One of Key Largo's Finest Diving Operations six pack boat that will let the divers choose the site to see. Since the boats are small, they can be barf producing in high seas

Quiescence Diving Services , Inc., One of Key Largo's Finest Diving Operations this op only goes to shallow reefs

I've stayed here six times or so. Nothing overly special except it is clean and reasonably priced most times of the year. The beach area offers a nice view over the bay to watch the sun set in the evening.

Key Largo Hotels, Hotel in key largo, Bayside Inn Key Largo

Thanks Bouyant1. That's just the info I was looking for.

Actually, Fort Zach has at least 3 websites:

Welcome to Florida State Parks

Fort Zachary Taylor

Fort Taylor.org - Welcome

Under "Activities," the official one says this:

Scuba Diving
The waters off Fort Taylor offer one of the best beach dives available in the Florida Keys. Moderate depths of up to 20 feet and excellent water quality provide an opportunity to view both hard and soft corals as well as numerous species of tropical fish. Don't be surprised if you see giant grouper, huge tarpon or schools of baitfish. Since the park is located right where the Gulf meets the Atlantic, you never know what you may see. It is definitely worth checking out.

The waters off Fort Taylor offer one of the best beach dives available in the Florida Keys.
That appears to be an advertisement loophole.
They are using that statement to its maximum potential considering the fact that the Keys offer no real beaches or shore dives.
The real borders (edges) of the islands that make up the Keys are primarily mangroves and limestone.

Thanks Bouyant1. That's just the info I was looking for.

Actually, Fort Zach has at least 3 websites:

Welcome to Florida State Parks

Fort Zachary Taylor

Fort Taylor.org - Welcome

Under "Activities," the official one says this:

Scuba Diving
The waters off Fort Taylor offer one of the best beach dives available in the Florida Keys. Moderate depths of up to 20 feet and excellent water quality provide an opportunity to view both hard and soft corals as well as numerous species of tropical fish. Don't be surprised if you see giant grouper, huge tarpon or schools of baitfish. Since the park is located right where the Gulf meets the Atlantic, you never know what you may see. It is definitely worth checking out.

Interesting! I guess they can spin it anyway they want. :idk:

No problem! Good luck on the job opportunity!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom