Advice on computer choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how the UK gets away with it, but I just bought a Suunto D4i Novo with USB interface and an included transmitter for $450.00 USD!!

I spoke with Suunto here directly and they confirmed that it doesn't matter where in the world I bought my computer, so long as I register it, it has full warranty!

Maybe I'm mental, but it seemed like much too good of a deal to pass up??

Sorry I don't know if that helps or not, but the transmitter in the deal is what sold it for me.

Good luck.

Where did you find this deal?? I need to jump on this right now!

VTX gets consistently bad reviews for its screen and battery life.

OP, you may want to check out Dive Right in Scuba: they have several Ratio watches incl. the "easy" one at $630.

I've been a fan of Oceanic computers for 9 years now. wife and I have had 4 (no failures - we both upgraded for upgrade sake) and they've always worked. The OCi (and other oceanics) were also made by the same company that makes all the current Aqualungs. the Shearwaters are nice - and I'd buy a Teric in an instant if I could justify it - but for a rec diver, it seems like the equivalent of getting a Mercedes G-class to go tot the grocery store (which again would be nice, but hardly necessary)

I don't know how the UK gets away with it, but I just bought a Suunto D4i Novo with USB interface and an included transmitter for $450.00 USD!!

I spoke with Suunto here directly and they confirmed that it doesn't matter where in the world I bought my computer, so long as I register it, it has full warranty!

Maybe I'm mental, but it seemed like much too good of a deal to pass up??

Sorry I don't know if that helps or not, but the transmitter in the deal is what sold it for me.

Good luck.
It’s easy. Commit political and economic suicide, slowly so everyone can see it coming and discount the currency. Right now we are starting to figure out how to stockpile medical supplies. I am hoping to be able to sell my JJ next year and buy a house.

It’s easy. Commit political and economic suicide, slowly so everyone can see it coming and discount the currency. Right now we are starting to figure out how to stockpile medical supplies. I am hoping to be able to sell my JJ next year and buy a house.

What you don't like Boris?? LOL....

What you don't like Boris?? LOL....
Boris is a very funny guy. He was good on “Have I Got News For You.” He was mostly ok as Major, ignoring various poor planning decisions, and the Bridge of course. But really Cameron is to blame, he was trying to protect the Tory party against UKIP and made promises regarding changing the EU that he could not keep. The referendum was the result of that.

Of course the predicted fall in the pound was only part of Project Fear, so any ability to buy stuff cheap from the UK at the moment is only the rantings of the left wing press and Philip Hammond and will never happen.

Suunto have held their prices, lots of others have let them rise. A Shearwater Perdix went up £100 immediately as Narked just change the Canadian price, similarly a JJ is priced in Euos. Fair enough, we, well a third of us, voted for this madness.

I am genuinely looking forward to the hyperinflation and house price erosion. It is the only way young people (younger than 45) will be able to afford a place to live.

Back
Top Bottom