Advice on a new dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously, you haven't heard the the next generation of shearwater is going to be released soon? I would hold out...The Petrel is exactly the same as the Petrel 2 sans the compass (heck, they sold the 2 as the original for a couple of months before telling anyone).
Are you just speculating or do you have solid information?

The Petrel 4 will control your auto-inflating BCD, will near-field communicate with your fins to kick for you, and will actually breathe for you as well, although it requires an unlock. The 4s will have an "autodive" function that will do the dive for you, you don't even have to get off the boat. It'll even post the dive to Facebook and tag all your friends automatically.

The Petrel 4 will control your auto-inflating BCD, will near-field communicate with your fins to kick for you, and will actually breathe for you as well, although it requires an unlock. The 4s will have an "autodive" function that will do the dive for you, you don't even have to get off the boat. It'll even post the dive to Facebook and tag all your friends automatically.

I'll start saving right away.

Sounds fantastic. I can dive without leaving my bed ever. AWESOME!

---------- Post added September 9th, 2015 at 06:00 AM ----------

I guess I will wait until DEMA and if they decided not to release a new Petrel, I will buy the existing one.

Would be shocked if they came out with the petrel 3 any time soon. If they aren't adding ai, what do they need to change other then software, which they can update through firmware.

buy a petrel, look around for how any people are unhappy with theirs or are trading it in for something better. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything but a petrel 2...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom