Advice needed: Redang or Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My husband and I are having a huge discussion about where to go for our vacation this year. We've dived in Redang before and it was quite ok. My husband thinks that Thailand has better diving but we have no experience in Thailand. What do you think? Are there comparable places to dive in Thailand? If so where?
Really hoping someone can help us here :)

Selma

Check out Koh Lanta. It's a beautiful, quiet island a wee bit further south than Phuket. It's very relaxing, and has great dives very close - check out Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Koh Ha. Koh Lanta is the best/closest place to stay for these dive sites, and is also very near to the dives sites off Phi Phi.

Sel:
Hi everyone!
My husband and I are having a huge discussion about where to go for our vacation this year. We've dived in Redang before and it was quite ok. My husband thinks that Thailand has better diving but we have no experience in Thailand. What do you think? Are there comparable places to dive in Thailand? If so where?
Really hoping someone can help us here :)

Selma

Selma, what time of year are you thinking of going? The season for Redang (and Perhentian for that matter) has maybe five or six weeks to go. If you plan your trip for sometime between October and March, your decision is made for you already as the resorts in Malaysia will be shut down for the monsoon season. In that case, come to Phuket (or Lanta or Phi Phi--they're all nearby)! You'll love it here!

It all depends when you wish to go. Redang season ends sometime in Oct while Thailand starts to become active. Lost of diving is available there. And it is also a different form of diving experience like the lodging, the food, the people, the guide, the underwater formation...etc

I usually like to go during the period like start or end of season to experience the best of both (if I am lucky) ... sometimes if I am lucky some spectacular sightings can be possible.

Back
Top Bottom